Sign in to follow this  
unicornwoman

Scale Miniature Spanish Riding School of Vienna Set

This is my latest project.

This is Traditional (1/9) Scale set. It contains:

· Weymouth Bridle with "Gold" Plated Browband & Cheek Pieces and 5 strand hand-braided "web" snaffle

· White Gala Saddle

· "Gold" Plated Crupper

· "Gold" Plated Breast Collar

· Blanket with hand-braided trim the same shade of gold as the web snaffle bridle with two gold bands indicating rider status as fit for performances.

BTW, the horse is a Balidor sculpted by Pat Sinnot. No, it isn't painted yet. Fitting tack to a model can be hazardous to paint finishes, so it's best to use a "body quality" or unpainted model.

spanish_riding_school_croppedP1070917.JPG

post-69-1199800892_thumb.jpg

Nice! If you have a larger picture I'd love to see it, I could not see the detail on the bit. What kind of leather did you use?

Yes it is very nice, I as well would love to see a larger picture.

Ken

Yes it is very nice, I as well would love to see a larger picture.

Ken

The saddle is made out of white deer. I used black and white kangaroo for much of the strap work. The "web" strap work is embroidery floss braided into 5 strand flat. The trim on the blankets in this batch (I made more than one) were 3 strand flat and/or 5 strand flat. I used both because I had a bunch of the 5 strand flat left from the bridles and wanted to use it up. Then, ran short and wanted to whip something up faster, so used the 3 strand flat.

spanish_riding_school_croppedP1070892.JPG

spanish_riding_school_croppedP1070921.JPG

spanish_riding_school_croppedP1070887.JPG

spanish_riding_school_croppedP1070884.JPG

post-69-1201445648_thumb.jpg

post-69-1201445670_thumb.jpg

post-69-1201445685_thumb.jpg

post-69-1201445694_thumb.jpg

I'm not managing to get the system to accept larger pictures and I'm out of time to try at the moment. :(

Too bad on the pics that you can't get them larger! But these are lovely, thanks a lot. It looks terrific!

The deer on the saddle turned out great. And I should have known that was kangaroo - it has that quality look!

These are great! Miniature horses are all the rage so you should have no shortage of demand. How do you get all the tiny fittings, stirrup, buckels, bits etc.

I'd love to see more of your work.

Linda

You'll be amazed how much there is to choose for minature tack. Go to this site. http://www.riorondo.com/info/index.htmlThere is almost more of a choice than for full size saddles!ArtS

These are great! Miniature horses are all the rage so you should have no shortage of demand. How do you get all the tiny fittings, stirrup, buckels, bits etc.I'd love to see more of your work.Linda
Beautiful job. It must really be hard to work with something so small and yet make it look so real.ArtS