bucksnort

More Using Up The Pieces

The guy at the slaughterhouse where I get hides in a pinch (If I can't find free ones) said, a lot of our hides go to waste I feel kind of guilty charging you for them. Since I'm such a sensitive person, I told him I didn't want make him feel bad by paying for them. He said that he could use a key ring, so now we're both happy. Buck

post-43386-0-58284100-1387329778_thumb.j

That's a good design, Buck. Brad

Wow, Buck, in the spirit of Christmas, you are just a leader in sensitivity. Great job on the barter thing. I'm guessing you are going to be making a lot of those key rings so the guy can give them to his friends when you need another hide. Anyway, that would be my suggestion.

The key ring looks great. Nice design. Like TXAG, I may have to "borrow" that design if you don't mind.

Have a Merry Christmas if I don't chat with you before then.

Edited by rcsaddles

Good story, good deal, good keyring!

Thanks for the show and tell, Buck. I like that.

Pete

Thanks Guys. Help yourselves to the design I'm sure the patent is expired. Buck

Buck...what size strings did you use for the plait and what did you use for a core?

Thank you Mike. TXAG, The body is a piece of 8 strand 1/8 diameter waste from the necklaces I made, doubled to make the loop for the popper The plait strings are 3/32. I cut my strings with a draw gauge. A standard draw gauge will only cut down to 1/8,by grinding & filing I got mine down to 3/32. Can't cut strings any smaller, but for most of what I do it's fine. Thanks again to everyone for the kind comments & support. Merry Christmas. Buck

Nice Trade :notworthy: & cool key ring.