Gremlin

New seat and p-pad

New set for myself just finished and installed on my sporty.

Seatpan is a LePera Barebones with a couple layers of actual saddle foam for a more comfortable seat.

Bitch pad is an HD sporty pan torn apart, trimmed down, and recovered to match.

003sm.jpg

002sm.jpg

001sm.jpg

Closeup of the lacing

004sm.jpg

Looks real good Curtis, I realy like the 2 tone color you did, matches the bike nicely.

Ken

Looks good a lot better then a stock for sure.

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.....................

ONE FINE SEAT. THE LACING IS SOME OF THE BEST.

Awsome! Nice and clean and a perfect match for this bike.

The colour is great and the braid is in full glory and shines like a jewel.

Love it!

Tom

Both sorta. The angle happens naturally as you lace the 2 pieces together. Once they are laced together, they are wetformed/worked/stretched to fit around the bottom of the pans.

That's a FINE work of art! Nice Job!! I love the braiding!

Troy

What did you use to finish and seal the seats with?

Thanks Troy.

What did you use to finish and seal the seats with?

Wolvenstien, I hung them out in the hot sun for a couple hours, coated them with Pecards, let them hang in the sun for a couple more hours, and buffed them down.

They look great Gremlin. What size lace did you use? It looks really chunky. I like that.

ShirleyZ

They look great Gremlin. What size lace did you use? It looks really chunky. I like that.

ShirleyZ

Thanks Shirley. I've seen your work and a compliment like this from you is an honor.

The lace is 1/4 inch roo.

wow, pretty nice!! Awsome lacing job! Can I ask what kind of colors and finish you have used so the color wont transfer to the riders jeans.. :-)

Edited by 276ccm

wow, pretty nice!! Awsome lacing job! Can I ask what kind of colors and finish you have used so the color wont transfer to the riders jeans.. :-)

Thanks for the comments. First, I'm the rider. It's my bike that this set was made for. (My schedule opened up enough for me to get this done.) The seat top and lace were dyed saddletan and the sections below the lace were dyed black. The pieces were then hung in the sun for a couple hours to bake the color into the leather. They were then left over night in the garage. Next morning, they were hung in the sun again to heat them up again. Once they were hot enough, I coated them with Pecards leather dressing and hung them in the sun again for another couple hours. This allowed the Pecards to soak in properly. I then broughtr them down, buffed them up, and installed them on my bike which is what you see in the pictures. To this point, with the single longest time in the saddle being approx 2 hours, there has been no color transfer from the seat to my jeans.

However, the Pecards that remained on the seat is giving me a nice soft tush, or so my wife tells me. :rolleyes2:

Thanks a lot mate :-)