Sign in to follow this  
humperdingle

How Much For A Key Fob?

I've started making some key fobs for a local kids' cancer charity, but I need to know a ballpark figure.

They're all made of 4mm vegtan, simple oblong shape with curves and a 30mm split ring. Also stamped with some personalisation if required.

I've been asking £5 GBP, all of which goes to the charity.

Too much? Too little? About right?

Since it's for Charity and I assume you're donating the cost of the fobs and rings? If not, then make sure you cover that then set an amount on each to give to the charity. If you're donating the materials and labor then set a price for what you want to get for the charity. Here's my advice, start selling them at the price you set, if sales are low, reduce the price some, if they are selling like hotcakes, then raise the price at an appropriate time (different day, etc). The philosophy I use is that an item is worth what the market will pay, that sets a price point, then if you can still sell it and make a profit that you're okay with, you're good. You can go a little high since it's for charity, people expect to pay a little more as a donation, let them know it's for charity and that all of the proceeds go there or that a set amount of each sale will go to charity, which ever is applicable. I think you're price is probably pretty close, but that's just me, others have other opinions on how much should be charged. Bottom line is that since they're for charity, you need to sell as many as you can at the highest price that will allow you to do so.

Hope that helps,

Chief

Humperdingle,

Just to get in the ballpark,

Trade = 2 x cost

Retail = 4 x cost

and then finesse it from there.

Gary