DoubleC

Finished Bronc Halter

As you may or may not know I have been tied up with In the Eye of a Horse and rhythm beads lately because that's 2 of the three products we decided on to lead off with. Kevin here made me an eye mold, you may know him as the Gri, I mean Tree Reaper but I have be waiting on supplies coming today to use it. AND make a new set of beads. And I was happy about it all weekend which is kinda sad but it allowed me to work on something else. I made this rope halter a while back just to see if i could. I do a LOT of things for that reason, but don't k now why. Thanks for looking. Cheryl

What on earth are rhythm beads? I've worked with horses for near 60 years and never heard of them.

I think what you are calling a BRONCO halter is just a light knoted rope halter with some leather hung on the nose band it sure doesn't look like it would stand snubbing a bronco with.

As you may or may not know I have been tied up with In the Eye of a Horse and rhythm beads lately because that's 2 of the three products we decided on to lead off with. Kevin here made me an eye mold, you may know him as the Gri, I mean Tree Reaper but I have be waiting on supplies coming today to use it. AND make a new set of beads. And I was happy about it all weekend which is kinda sad but it allowed me to work on something else. I made this rope halter a while back just to see if i could. I do a LOT of things for that reason, but don't k now why. Thanks for looking. Cheryl

What on earth are rhythm beads? I've worked with horses for near 60 years and never heard of them.

I think what you are calling a BRONCO halter is just a light knoted rope halter with some leather hung on the nose band it sure doesn't look like it would stand snubbing a bronco with.

rofl.gif

Get to town much Catskin? They use these for show halters now, although breaking a rope halter is pretty hard to do, even by the orneriest bronc. And since the rope halters are made with 1 piece of rope and blood knots, they aren't too bad at getting a horses attention since they are situated on pressure points.

Rhythm beads are a decorative, or not, piece of leather that goes around a horse's neck and has bells on them. They are used by riding instructors to help their students stay in 'rhythm' with the horse, dressage trainers and riders to 'hear' that every move is in sync, and just us regular ole folk who have horses and want to ride better.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Cheryl

I answer your sarcastic question with an honest one of my own. How many horses have you taken from never having been touched by a man and trained them to the point that almost every person that knows how to ride wanted to buy them? And how many days have you spent 14 hours in the saddle? . But then I am talking about WORKING ranch type horses not some walk down a trail for an hour type.

As for your rope halter it might be fit for a pet horse that never pulls. But I have seen to many self declared know it alls do very serious harm to a green horse by tying them with these knoted ropes. Now I know why those are called BLOOD knots. You are right on one thing they do cut in deeply in very sensitive areas on the horse and do draw BLOOD.. But I am convinced you have never seen a real bronc halter. So how would you know the difference.

rofl.gif

Get to town much Catskin? They use these for show halters now, although breaking a rope halter is pretty hard to do, even by the orneriest bronc. And since the rope halters are made with 1 piece of rope and blood knots, they aren't too bad at getting a horses attention since they are situated on pressure points.

Rhythm beads are a decorative, or not, piece of leather that goes around a horse's neck and has bells on them. They are used by riding instructors to help their students stay in 'rhythm' with the horse, dressage trainers and riders to 'hear' that every move is in sync, and just us regular ole folk who have horses and want to ride better.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Cheryl

I answer your sarcastic question with an honest one of my own. How many horses have you taken from never having been touched by a man and trained them to the point that almost every person that knows how to ride wanted to buy them? And how many days have you spent 14 hours in the saddle? . But then I am talking about WORKING ranch type horses not some walk down a trail for an hour type.

As for your rope halter it might be fit for a pet horse that never pulls. But I have seen to many self declared know it alls do very serious harm to a green horse by tying them with these knoted ropes. Now I know why those are called BLOOD knots. You are right on one thing they do cut in deeply in very sensitive areas on the horse and do draw BLOOD.. But I am convinced you have never seen a real bronc halter. So how would you know the difference.

Catskin, I have my own horse, number 4 in over a 42 year span. She was a rescue, and before I'd had her a month someone offered me double what I paid for her. In two months the barn owner was using her for a kid lesson horse when I wasn't riding. I've spent many a day in my life time working on a ranch 14 hour days, not just hanging out in a saddle but building fence, fixing barn roofs, haying, etc. You came here and wanted to bash something I put up for critique to help improve my leather working skills, and if you thought my answer was sarcastic, I can't help that.

A real bronc halter is made to keep a buster from having an unfair advantage over a bronc from putting too much pressure in just one area. I don't make my living buying and selling horses. I am in for the long haul. Am I supposed to moderate people's choices who have started finding these attractive as show halters. I have never tied my horse in her rope halter and if you look at my profile picture you'll see a regular halter over the rope one while she's tied in the cross ties. I've never done a thing to you and I don't even know you, and i certainly have no quarrel with you. This was about a critique, not who's the best cowboy, or rider, or trainer or bronc buster. Cheryl

Catskin, I have my own horse, number 4 in over a 42 year span. She was a rescue, and before I'd had her a month someone offered me double what I paid for her. In two months the barn owner was using her for a kid lesson horse when I wasn't riding. I've spent many a day in my life time working on a ranch 14 hour days, not just hanging out in a saddle but building fence, fixing barn roofs, haying, etc. You came here and wanted to bash something I put up for critique to help improve my leather working skills, and if you thought my answer was sarcastic, I can't help that.

A real bronc halter is made to keep a buster from having an unfair advantage over a bronc from putting too much pressure in just one area. I don't make my living buying and selling horses. I am in for the long haul. Am I supposed to moderate people's choices who have started finding these attractive as show halters. I have never tied my horse in her rope halter and if you look at my profile picture you'll see a regular halter over the rope one while she's tied in the cross ties. I've never done a thing to you and I don't even know you, and i certainly have no quarrel with you. This was about a critique, not who's the best cowboy, or rider, or trainer or bronc buster. Cheryl

The sarcastic was, Get to town often. I have spent my life working cattle with horses so no I am not in town often. I am not a hoses trader!!! I have only bougt a few in my life maybe 5 I raised and trained many. Clearly your life and mine are and have been very different lets just leave it at that. My comment about the halter should have read that it would in my opinion be better refered to as a ornamental halter as compared to a using one.

hey you guys. this is not to be a bashing contest on who does what with whatever. this is to be a friendly site to help each other out on there leather skills and to learn to get better or what to improve on. if you cant help each other on what one does then dont say anything at all. bashing is not what this site is for. play nice or dont play at all. ty have a nice day.:wave:

hey you guys. this is not to be a bashing contest on who does what with whatever. this is to be a friendly site to help each other out on there leather skills and to learn to get better or what to improve on. if you cant help each other on what one does then dont say anything at all. bashing is not what this site is for. play nice or dont play at all. ty have a nice day.:wave:

Thank you Broncbuster. I tried to make that point, but too late. My initial response to Catskin was rude and it was sarcastic, and I was ashamed of that so chose not to respond anymore. Actually I owe him a personal apology, and will do that after responding to you. I take critiques pretty well, but not someone critical of my choices so good, but I have GOT to learn to count to 10, take deep breaths and realize we all come from different places on this site, and I don't mean geographically. Thank you for the reminder of why I'm here, and that certainly isn't to fight with people. Cheryl