My new car comes with those fat plastic-handled keys and a remote. I'd like to find a key case that can hold them and my house keys. If anyone is making them or has a pattern for one, let me know.

My new car comes with those fat plastic-handled keys and a remote. I'd like to find a key case that can hold them and my house keys. If anyone is making them or has a pattern for one, let me know.

I'm not shure what type of key you have but I found that I can just cut off the plastic. If it is a security key maybe not. I hope this helps.

I'm not shure what type of key you have but I found that I can just cut off the plastic. If it is a security key maybe not. I hope this helps.

I wonder how much metal key is in the plastic handle. If I cut it off and it turns out there's just the shaft with no metal, I'm out of luck.

I may have found another solution– a smartphone case with room for credit cards and some cash. My biggest concern is my keys rubbing against my phone. Still, it would be nice to have the keys in a case.

I think I'll head over to the Subaru forum and see what they know about the keys.

Thanks.

I wonder how much metal key is in the plastic handle. If I cut it off and it turns out there's just the shaft with no metal, I'm out of luck.

I may have found another solution– a smartphone case with room for credit cards and some cash. My biggest concern is my keys rubbing against my phone. Still, it would be nice to have the keys in a case.

I think I'll head over to the Subaru forum and see what they know about the keys.

Thanks.

MY 96 FORD TRUCK had the large plastic on the end and i had new keys made without

the lg plastic ends.

MY 96 FORD TRUCK had the large plastic on the end and i had new keys made without

the lg plastic ends.

There you go:notworthy: I hope we hear the results and maybe a pic or 2.