Ok. For my next watch strap, I would like to put an edge crease. Can someone tell me how to use this tool? I am looking to have a single crease. Do I heat the creaser? What size do I need to purchase? I attached a few pics as an example of what I am looking to do.

Thanks,

-brent

M16_Brown.jpg

BOBAlligRedBr_001.jpg

post-5299-1215039360_thumb.jpg

post-5299-1215039421_thumb.jpg

Ok. For my next watch strap, I would like to put an edge crease. Can someone tell me how to use this tool? I am looking to have a single crease. Do I heat the creaser? What size do I need to purchase? I attached a few pics as an example of what I am looking to do.

Thanks,

-brent

I would be interested in learning more about this topic as well.

Brent, I'm interested in watch straps too (my name is Brett). Have you any inspiration websites such as www.delaurian.com?

I don't think what you are looking at is edge creasing.

It appears to me that you are asking about stitching grooves (the channel in which the stitches rest, below the surface of the leather).

There are tools that do this--look for stitching groovers at tool suppliers online and in real life.

Brent, I'm interested in watch straps too (my name is Brett). Have you any inspiration websites such as www.delaurian.com?

Brett,

thanks for the link! simply amazing straps! the creativity to these straps is awsome and the workmanship is inspirational. I wonder if he has his hardware (buckles, etc,) custom made, they are as beautiful as his straps.

I think this: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/products.asp Maybe what you're looking for. I've never used one, but I believe, heating is not necessary, but casing is. I think, also that this is adjustable. Hope this helps.

John

sorry...but your link didn't go to anything specific. Can you send me the name of the product?

Thanks,

Brent

Oops... Sorry. I hadn't checked back.

We'll try this again: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=8072-00 Hopefully that worked,

if not it is a Craftool Adjustable Creaser (8072-00).

8072-00-L.JPG .

Hope this helps.

John

Edited by JohnD