Sign in to follow this  
Oscar B

basics of using a sewing Mach

So much of that depends on the type of sewing you intend to do, and the style/brand of the machine you are using. I highly recommend learning on leather you don't care about, and taking your time. Always observe safety precautions. No one wants to have to ask to be driven to the ER so the docs can laugh as they carefully cut the threads you just neatly sewed into your other hand, and the leather you were working on.

Be more specific with your question, Oscar, and you'll get more exact feedback. There are probably guys here who have modified the wife's home machine with an old engine they pulled from a Datsun and can sew leather or lace.

Johanna

I have and Artisan 618=1SC. As have not used a sewing mach before was hoping for tip and trick to help with sewing leather. Use leather from 1 1/2 oz to saddle skirting.

Thanks Oscar

I Oscar,

I have replied in:

Leatherworker.net > Fabrication > Leather Sewing Machines

Art

B)-->

QUOTE(Oscar B @ Mar 13 2007, 10:00 PM)

I have and Artisan 618=1SC. As have not used a sewing mach before was hoping for tip and trick to help with sewing leather. Use leather from 1 1/2 oz to saddle skirting.

Thanks Oscar