TomG

Machine Stitching Guide

I saw a video the other day of someone sewing a riffle sling on a commercial machine. He had this slick swing-away guide that kept his stitching prefectly straight. Basically, it looked like an arm like you'd see on the legs of a card table with a samll wheel or vertical plate at the end that the leather rode against.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am describig, or have any input into machine guides? I did see someone mention a magnetic guide. where do I find those?

Tom

i do know that the Larger Adler Machines have a sewing guide like you mention.

make contac with some of the sewing machine dealers that advertise here to see if they have what you are asking about.

Edited by Luke Hatley

Might have been a tippman aerostich

if you go to the tippman web site you'll see a roller guide attachment that works on the Aerostich or the Boss

maybe you get a little creative & see if you can rig one up

best buddy

I have a stitching guide that goes everywhere I go. It's called thee side of my finger.... LOL

Here Is a pic so you can see it in action.

post-15465-000618600 1280977435_thumb.jp

All kidding aside I simply plant my hand on the machine in a location that is comfortable and safe, then use my finger as a guide.

Most sewing machines have guides that can be used like the edge of the foot or a mark on the deck. learning to use these natural guides will help in the long run.

Respectfully,

Al

I saw a video the other day of someone sewing a riffle sling on a commercial machine. He had this slick swing-away guide that kept his stitching prefectly straight. Basically, it looked like an arm like you'd see on the legs of a card table with a samll wheel or vertical plate at the end that the leather rode against.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am describig, or have any input into machine guides? I did see someone mention a magnetic guide. where do I find those?

Tom

I'm with Al.....I use my finger. However what you describe sounds like the swing away adjustable stitching guide that Weaver sells for their 205/370 Adler machines.

Bobby

I have a stitching guide that goes everywhere I go. It's called thee side of my finger.... LOL

Here Is a pic so you can see it in action.

post-15465-000618600 1280977435_thumb.jp

All kidding aside I simply plant my hand on the machine in a location that is comfortable and safe, then use my finger as a guide.

Most sewing machines have guides that can be used like the edge of the foot or a mark on the deck. learning to use these natural guides will help in the long run.

Respectfully,

Al

I don't know... That guide looks too hi-tech for me....

<g>

Tom

I don't know... That guide looks too hi-tech for me....

<g>

Tom

Tom.... anything is possible in N Hollywood, Calif... :rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Tom

Was it this one http://www.leathermachineco.com/catalog.php?item=23

Tom i belive you will need to get a guide made for your machine. I don't think you will be able to buy just any guide and have it work on your machine because they all fit different. But their may be a few that will interchange.

Her's a link to Cowboysew. <www.cowboysew.com/product9.htm> They have a Roller guide that will do the job and sounds like the one yu are talking about.

Ryan Neel sells them.

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

Tom