gregd

Which One

I'm considering a new swivel knife pretty soon but am stuck on which flavor to choose?? Just need some advice on what to look for.

I have always have to throw my vote in for Paul over at Leater wranglers the Sk-3 is the best knife very little stromping very sharp. Of corse everyone is entitled to there own opion.

I second that. The SK-3 made a world of difference for me. Sharp, glides through the leather, and makes it easier to alter the depth of my cuts. Great service too.

I'll be third for the Sk-3 from Paul.

Make it four! I love mine!

Make it five. Leather Wrangler!!!

Merry Xmas

Terry

Anyone know if the SK3 blades will fit in the Barry King handles? I have 2 of BK's knives and love the handles but could use a better blade.

The SK3 blade wont fit Barry's knife, both Paul and Barry use their own size and shape so the blades only fit their knives. You should call Paul anyway because it seems like he was offering an adapter so his blades would fit other knives.

The SK3 blade wont fit Barry's knife, both Paul and Barry use their own size and shape so the blades only fit their knives. You should call Paul anyway because it seems like he was offering an adapter so his blades would fit other knives.

Thanks Clay, will do.

I always tell my students to buy the best swivel knife they can afford. I agree the SK3 is one of the best, I own 3 of them. But the price may keep some from buying them. I carved with a tandy adjustable with a cermanic blade for a long time and done well with that. Then I traded up to a Henley. I still have one that I just cannot part with, it has a Jeff Cook colbalt steel blade in. It was far above the cermanic blade. But all in all you get what you pay for. I think the swivel knife is one of the major tools in doing a carving, if the carving does not look good everything else from there will not look good. The SK3 is by far the best knife I have ever cut with when kept properly sharpened.

Randy

Anyone know if the SK3 blades will fit in the Barry King handles? I have 2 of BK's knives and love the handles but could use a better blade.

Hello - we can modify our blades to fit any other swivel knife barrel, including BK's knives.

Thanks to all those that added your comments about the SK3 Swivel Knife -- they are very encouraging in our efforts to provide a quality product.

God bless and may 2011 be the best year in every way for you!

PZ

I do not own an SK3, but i use BK and Ole Smoothies and they are both great knives. I have heard a lot of good things about SK3, I used one at a friends shop and very impressed by how it felt and cut.