cowboy bill

Conservative (Not Politician!) Where To For?

not sure where to post this so i'll put it here. i do some handmade bit, spur, and buckle work. i make a few spur straps mainly for place to put some buckles on to sell on. i live in MIssouri, have a tax number, and have been buying my piddly amount of tools and leather at one of two local suppliers. here's my itch:

i need ed a gallon of pure neatsfoot so i go to store A. price is $34 but with my discount, i pay $28. (they are wonderful people) about the same deal at store B. i can go to local saddle/western store and buy it for $26. yes, their retails price. HA! i can order it thry Valley Vet for $17 but ya got shipping, anywaaaaay. where can i go to buy my piddly amount of skirting, liner leather, , oil, hardware ( sorry, but i don't want any sorry Chineese crap), etc???? i make a few chaps and chinks, too, it would be nice to buy wholesale and get treated fairly, and get all hopefully at one place,,, ANYONE CAN HELP or have suggestions ???????????????? thanks BILL

click the ad banner for Springfield leather and look for the wholesale link on the left side.

You might try Panhandle Leather in Amarillo. They keep a good supply of Herman Oak and chap leather and most other supplies. www.panhandleleather.com

Hello!..If you have a tax ID number then get a hold of Weaver Leather.Ask for their supply catalog.They have a lot of requirements for their finished tack,but is fairly easy to get a supply acct set up....Ken

click the ad banner for Springfield leather and look for the wholesale link on the left side.

yep, the dog that bit me. i have to wonder if a store's retail price for a gal of neatsfoot oil is $33 and their so called wolesale price is like $28 and i can buy it anywhere else retail for that and cheaper, i have to wonder how they price everything else????kinda like the store that marked everythin UP for their sale so they can mark it DOWN when the sale starts !?? thanks for your reply, BILL

Howdy Bill, I'm just up at the north of Stockton so we're almost neighbors. Anyway, I use Weaver for almost all of my hardware, tools and any other supplies I also get some leather from them. I'll stop by SLC or Tandy when i'm in the big city and have time to look around or if i just need a quick item. I do hand pick HO sides from SLC, their price is comparable to Weaver's and it's nice to be the one picking out the hide. I hope that helps out, if you find somewhere better let me know :)