Sign in to follow this  
JRCHolsters

A Recent Shoulder Holster

I normally don't make shoulder rigs, but I had a request from someone I couldn't bring myself to say no to.

I went with Horsehide as always and decided on a pull through, horizontal design. The magazine pouch sits horizontally and uses rubber bushings and chicago screws to adjust tension on the mags.

I used 5oz suede for a nice soft harness that drapes nicely and flows with body movement. The harness has about 8in of adjustment in the shoulders. I played around with a bunch of different adjustment straps and in the end went with flat 1in nylon webbing. This made for a nice low profile adjustment on the straps.

I am wearing it in the photos, so it is not really adjusted for me. The fella I made it for is pretty buff, so I wanted to be sure it had plenty of adjustment for him.

Hope you like it and would be interested in any feedback.

post-19251-052519400 1317675459_thumb.jp

post-19251-094731500 1317675486_thumb.jp

post-19251-065347700 1317675504_thumb.jp

post-19251-064201000 1317675525_thumb.jp

Looks really good. I dont understand the need for 52 rounds of 9mm though lol.

Lol, It's more of a weight distribution thing.

C'mon Shooter, you know the only time you can have too much ammo is when you're swimming :evillaugh:

Mike

Google "flash Mobs" and you might see a need for that 52 rounds. Since I live between two of the cities that have been having a problem with them I personally would think about a couple more mags stuffed in pockets.

Can you fit more mag pouches on there? ;)

Can someone tell me about the pull through thing? Is it just a line 24 snap? How do you keep the snaps from marking up the pistol when you draw?

Can you fit more mag pouches on there? ;)

Can someone tell me about the pull through thing? Is it just a line 24 snap? How do you keep the snaps from marking up the pistol when you draw?

Sure, always room for more mags :lol:

Yes, it is a line 24 snap. The way the leather is molded around the back of the slide, the snap never touches the slide. Because of the shape of the molded strap, the leather and snap, push away from the slide as the gun is drawn.