Hi there!
I'm pretty new to leatherwork and am having some issues with staining. I'm using eco-flo gel antique on some bracelet blanks, but once they're all coloured the dye seems to sticking in all the little pore-like dots in the leather and I can't get it out. This makes it look a little dirty and uneven.

As I said, I'm still new to leather work so I don't know if this is something I'm doing wrong? Or something wrong with the leather or the antique?

I've attached a picture of the bracelet in question, so you can see what I'm talking about and 'cause my description probably isn't that good!
post-59850-0-01418600-1424043493_thumb.p

I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has to help me out :)
Thanks!

Being as you are using full-grain leather (which is what these are made of) you have the pores of the skin intact. Are you cutting your own leather bracelet strips or using pre-cut kit strips? I ask this because if you are using pre-cut kit strips, especially from Tandy, the leather they use is from the Craftsman Oak grade and you tend to get a bit more of this type of result. However, it is typically normal that you get to see some of the hair follicles. That is the beauty of natural, full-grain cowhide; it hasn't been sanded, puttied, and rolled to create that "perfect" appearance (and totally fake) look that most believe leather is. You are working with the finest grade of leather (as a whole) and this natural grain look is exactly what you should have.

Just a tip (don't know if you tried it yet), when using the Eco-Flo Gel Antiques make sure that you wipe off the excess quickly before it sets up, then you can go back over with a damp (very slight moisture) and pull a little bit of the remaining "extra" from the leather. Also, once your stain/dye has dried for about 24 hours you will need to apply a finish coating of Resolene or Super/Satin Sheen over it and allow it to dry as well. The application of the top finish will also remove a little more of the coloring (this is natural as you will always have some residual pigments remain no matter how much you buff) so you will see some changes to the overall appearance through each step of the finishing process.

The strips were precut but not from Tandy, they were from an English site called Artisan Leather.
That actually makes a lot of sense now that you say it, that they'd be the pores. Being so new to leatherwork I was just worried I'd managed to damage the leather somehow! But I'm very happy with it now that it makes sense.
I'll be sure to try out your tips next time I use the antique.
Thanks very much! :)