Sign in to follow this  
Locknut

Cigar and Wine Journals

Thought I would try some journals, and these are my first efforts. Not real happy how I attached the pages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!cellcases_006.JPG

post-6524-1232475031_thumb.jpg

You might look into resources on bookbinding. Years back, at one of the shows in the PA region, there was a woman from that area named Sharon Smith (if memory serves me right) and she did a demo on it. I found it easier to understand than I'd imagined.

cellcases_007.JPGGotta figure out how to make pics smaller.

post-6524-1232475901_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot Holly, I will look her up. A three ring setup just wouldnt look right. I think I was going through a gilded phase with the cigar journal. I really like the material on the wine book but, I'm not real sure what you call it. Pebble grain? 6-7 oz I believe. Very nice color. Got some oil dyes the other day I need to learn how to make look right. Still learning carving and dyeing. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just glad there are so many people here willing to help me. Thanks again Holly. Leon

Try Googling long stitch binding. This is a technique that sews the book sections to the spine area of the cover material, which works well with thinner leather. It requires that you used folded sheets to make the pages, but the books open pretty much flat and you can do some nice design things with the cover material and thread.

Thanks ENT, I'll do that.