Western Style Sissy Bar Bag

Not for a customer, just wanted to make something cowboy-looking

cowboy_sissy_bar_bag_3.jpg

cowboy_sissy_bar_bag.jpg

cowboy_sissy_bar_bag2_.jpg

post-6120-1231713173_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1231713193_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1231713217_thumb.jpg

Well,I'd say you nailed it. Can we see the mountings?

I LIKE THE WAY YOU SEWED THE FRONT OF THE BAG TO THE GUSSETT.

AS ALWAYS......... NICE WORK

Well,I'd say you nailed it. Can we see the mountings?

Sure, I'm just going to put a couple of side release buckles on - should hold it

cowboy_bag_back.jpg

post-6120-1231714565_thumb.jpg

That is oor-some...what's the dimensions? With a should strap that would be a kick-ass Man Bag!!

That is one Sweet bag! :thumbsup:

That is oor-some...what's the dimensions? With a should strap that would be a kick-ass Man Bag!!

I agree, except I'd want it for a purse! With the connectors set up right, it could do double duty.

That looks great Ian!! How did you get the gusset to bend so nicely, did you score it on the inside where you wanted it to bend?

And what weight leather did ya use - it looks like a nice blend of flex and strength. I'm getting ready to make one for ma wife's scoot :0)

That looks great Ian!! How did you get the gusset to bend so nicely, did you score it on the inside where you wanted it to bend?
Brad, I bent it when it was still wet and it dried like that. Unfortunately smoothed out the border design a bit.
And what weight leather did ya use - it looks like a nice blend of flex and strength. I'm getting ready to make one for ma wife's scoot :0)
Jeep, that's 8 oz

Gracias :0) The bend didn't hurt anything ... gorgeous piece :0)

Thats a good job Ian. You got a nice color out of it and good stamping. I like the design with the gussets and the gusset flaps as part of the side D mounts.

very top notch your very skilled at this stuff thanks for posting.

Josh

Thanks again for the kind words, folks. Yes, I love that color too (Fiebings Saddle Tan) NicNice to do something other than black, for me.

Thanks again for the kind words, folks. Yes, I love that color too (Fiebings Saddle Tan) NicNice to do something other than black, for me.

I love the black version!! LOL!!

Just kidding. Beautiful, professional work.

Now show us the vinegaroon version!!!

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

I love the black version!! LOL!!

Just kidding. Beautiful, professional work.

Now show us the vinegaroon version!!!

Thanks Bree, but I'm pretty much a dye guy vs vinegroon when it comes to black. I've tried it, but still like dye better.

Thanks Bree, but I'm pretty much a dye guy vs vinegroon when it comes to black. I've tried it, but still like dye better.

I have never used it. But I have a batch brewing in the shop cuz these guys convinced me that it was the thing to do!! So I have about 7 or 8" of fresh steel wool sitting in a coffee can (plastic) just rusting away.

When it is disgustingly rusted, then I will add my vinegar and let it brew some more. Get that nice ferric acetate and then I will see what I can do with it. I am going to see if I can generate a nice black belt out of veg tan.

I have never used it. But I have a batch brewing in the shop cuz these guys convinced me that it was the thing to do!! So I have about 7 or 8" of fresh steel wool sitting in a coffee can (plastic) just rusting away.

When it is disgustingly rusted, then I will add my vinegar and let it brew some more. Get that nice ferric acetate and then I will see what I can do with it. I am going to see if I can generate a nice black belt out of veg tan.

Well, it definitely works, and I liked the color - I just don't like the smell and having to wait another day for it to dry.

This is awesome. I am getting ready to do some leather for my bike and will be doing all wester styled, and looks like I will be using Saddle Tan. (I have been trying out other colors to see what I wanted.) What did you use to seal the leather in case it gets rained on or anything?

This is awesome. I am getting ready to do some leather for my bike and will be doing all wester styled, and looks like I will be using Saddle Tan. (I have been trying out other colors to see what I wanted.) What did you use to seal the leather in case it gets rained on or anything?

Thanks. It has two coats of Bag Kote and lots of Aussie

.Jeep, that's 8 oz

Sooooooo I'm hopin' ya don't mind if I plageurize you a bit with that style? The way you mounted the front is just plain sexy :0)

Just finished mocking up one for my wife - on to template stage :0)

Sooooooo I'm hopin' ya don't mind if I plageurize you a bit with that style? The way you mounted the front is just plain sexy :0)

Just finished mocking up one for my wife - on to template stage :0)

You're not plageurizing at all. I wish I could say I invented something, but sadly that's not the case. Let me know if I can be of any help when you start putting your bag together.

Ian

Will do Thanks :0)