Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Clasps, need help! Middleman/woman needed

Ok, firstly, I apologise for posting repeatedly, and I have tried to post this before but failed, or got lost in one of the crashes.

I really really want to get some really nice clasps from Ohio travel bag, or thereabouts on page 23 a three pronged turning catch P 2435 in antiqued brass and secondly some of the pull snaps (ala beezachoppers tool bags) p2110 in the middle at the bottom in brass. My problem is they won't deal with me, as I am not a business and do leatherwork as a hobby. I have tried other suppliers most of whom need a business account, or don't stock the thing I need, or don't reply to my emails. I am not in a position to make my hobby a business yet.

I only want 5 of the three armed clasps and six of the pull ones, to give them a try, and see if the fit to my style of work I am happy to pay someone here via paypal to get them for me, and postage to get them to me, payment for all in advance of course. Or purchase them from someone directly if they have them knocking about.

Can anyone help! Please

Ok, firstly, I apologise for posting repeatedly, and I have tried to post this before but failed, or got lost in one of the crashes.

I really really want to get some really nice clasps from Ohio travel bag, or thereabouts on page 23 a three pronged turning catch P 2435 in antiqued brass and secondly some of the pull snaps (ala beezachoppers tool bags) p2110 in the middle at the bottom in brass. My problem is they won't deal with me, as I am not a business and do leatherwork as a hobby. I have tried other suppliers most of whom need a business account, or don't stock the thing I need, or don't reply to my emails. I am not in a position to make my hobby a business yet.

I only want 5 of the three armed clasps and six of the pull ones, to give them a try, and see if the fit to my style of work I am happy to pay someone here via paypal to get them for me, and postage to get them to me, payment for all in advance of course. Or purchase them from someone directly if they have them knocking about.

Can anyone help! Please

Hi Pip. Sorry I haven't ordered anything from Ohio travel bag so I can't help you there, BUT Ohio travel bag also has a sister site that deals with retail sales. Maybe this will come in handy some time?

http://www.hardware-elf.com/

Hi Pip. Sorry I haven't ordered anything from Ohio travel bag so I can't help you there, BUT Ohio travel bag also has a sister site that deals with retail sales. Maybe this will come in handy some time?

http://www.hardware-elf.com/

Thanks that looks like an easier option, I have spent hours looking for a supplier that'll deal with me, I am not overly computer savvy but, I have never come across hardware elf before I will give em a go!

Thanks again

Wonderful site Hilly!!

I found some really kewl 'dial twist latches' that will go wonderful on some rustic 'old world' looking bags I am making!!! And I was on the site less than 30 secs when I spotted them!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Will

Thanks guys orders in and if all works out I will post the results.