here is a rope bag i made for a customer it has a new floral oak leaf pattern all comments welcomepost-20640-034850400 1300991633_thumb.jp

Nice job on the bag !! I'm sure your customer is going to be very happy.

That is outstanding. I had not heard of a rope bag, so I didnt know what to expect. the work is just top shelf. I would have like to see a top view so I could understand what a rope bag is. I suppose I could not be so lazy and look it up. think Ill do just that.

very very nice.

Your tooling is superb. Excelant to say the least. But the weave pattern makes me seasick just to look at it (I am very sensitive to this). I am not critiquing to work at all, but rather the pattern.

Aaron

here is a rope bag i made for a customer it has a new floral oak leaf pattern all comments welcomepost-20640-034850400 1300991633_thumb.jp

Beautiful job. The ONLY thing that I would have done differently would be to carve the name. I hate stamps even though you did a great job centering them, and carving really makes it unique.

Wouldn't change anything else- just great work!!

How do you keep the "rope" edge even? Never used that stamp but I really like it for borders. Do you scribe a light circle and just center the 2 "wings" along it?

pete

hold on! Are those stamped letters or did you carve them!?!?!?!?!

Edited by pete

Great job on the rope bag, John. The hair-on inlay on the strap is a nice touch.

Hey everybody........he didn't show you, but the entire backside of the rope bag is hair-on cowhide also and the interior of the bag is fully lined! It takes a LOT of work to build these bags this way!!!! Very nice bag!

Bobby

John,

Nice job on the rope bag. Send some pictures of the interior if you have any since Bob let the cat out of the bag. I'm actually a little surprised that Bob didn't comment on stamped letters. :innocent: I would agree with Pete that carved letters would have been nicer than the stamped ones. It still is a very nice job.

Regards,

Ben

I'm actually a little surprised that Bob didn't comment on stamped letters. :innocent: I would agree with Pete that carved letters would have been nicer than the stamped ones.

Ben......it's funny that you said that (laughing) that was the first thing I told John when he sent me photos of the bag! I won't tell you what his response was though,(laughing) he knows what I think of those stamps too, LOL! The backside is pretty cool....the hair on is actually an inlay surrounded by a tooled border that matches the border on the front. Very nice job, John!

Bobby

Wow, that looks great. I love the oak leaves. I really like the work with the geometric stamp too. I've tried to use that tool but can't get as good a result as you did. How do you line it up so nicely?

Bob

That is outstanding. I had not heard of a rope bag, so I didnt know what to expect. the work is just top shelf. I would have like to see a top view so I could understand what a rope bag is. I suppose I could not be so lazy and look it up. think Ill do just that.

very very nice.

thanks for the nice comment on the bag a rope bag is what team ropers carry their rope in this one has a double zipper with a devider so you can put head ropes on one side and heel ropes on the other side glade you enjoyed it john

Beautiful job. The ONLY thing that I would have done differently would be to carve the name. I hate stamps even though you did a great job centering them, and carving really makes it unique.

Wouldn't change anything else- just great work!!

How do you keep the "rope" edge even? Never used that stamp but I really like it for borders. Do you scribe a light circle and just center the 2 "wings" along it?

pete

hold on! Are those stamped letters or did you carve them!?!?!?!?!

thanks for the kind compliment on the bag the border stamp is a berry king stamp all you do is scribe you a light line and place the edge of the tool along the line. and yes thoese are stamped letters due to the fact that i went a little overboard on the tooling and const of the bag and the customer didnt want to pay for carved letters. i would perfered to have carved them as the signature briefcase i post the name on the front of it is the customers signature off her check again thanks for the nice comment john

Ben......it's funny that you said that (laughing) that was the first thing I told John when he sent me photos of the bag! I won't tell you what his response was though,(laughing) he knows what I think of those stamps too, LOL! The backside is pretty cool....the hair on is actually an inlay surrounded by a tooled border that matches the border on the front. Very nice job, John!

Bobby

bob' thanks for the nice comment on the bag i agree about the stamped letters but as we talked i went to far in the hole on this to add carved letters but i agree hole hartley about the letters if i keep practing one of these days i might be able to carry water for you. your friend john

Wow, that looks great. I love the oak leaves. I really like the work with the geometric stamp too. I've tried to use that tool but can't get as good a result as you did. How do you line it up so nicely?

Bob

bob that stamp is one that just takes a lot of pratice the most important part is to keep the stamp straight and plumb so the next stamp lines up with the last i usally go back with a smallseeder and stamp the center of the stamp and the legs that join each other hope this makes since again thanks for the compliment john

Thanks John. What your said makes sense. I thought you must be using a seeder where the legs join. I had never seen one that left that little seed at every junction. The effect is really great, but it must have taken a lot of time. How you described lining them up is basically what I've been doing, but my results don't look nearly as good as yours. Oh well, back to practicing I guess.

The whole project looks great and your customer is going to be very proud!

Bob

Thanks John. What your said makes sense. I thought you must be using a seeder where the legs join. I had never seen one that left that little seed at every junction. The effect is really great, but it must have taken a lot of time. How you described lining them up is basically what I've been doing, but my results don't look nearly as good as yours. Oh well, back to practicing I guess.

The whole project looks great and your customer is going to be very proud!

Bob

bob again thanks for the compliment i am sure there are other ways of useing that stamp but i have found that works best for me and gives me the look i am after. john