bigo5552000

Making My Logo! Please Help And Critique!

As the title shows I am trying to design my logo! I would like everyones feed back on what I've made so far. What do you think? Do you see what I am trying to accomplish with the beginning part? I'm not saying what it is now because I wanna see if you guys and gals understand it! Once I get some feedback I'll explain it! Any feedback would be awesome!!

ThanksYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif

post-11909-002943000 1284185341_thumb.jp

Nice logo but it may be difficult to reproduce as a leather stamp, just in case your thinking about stamping your mark on your finished goods.

Well, to me, simpler is better..........maybe I'm simple. I'm no artiste and my logo/maker's mark shows it.........but it's never confused with anything or anyone else's work. Mike

Edited by katsass

I am not sure what the "triangle" is in the first letter, if it means something to you then it needs to stay. Overall you need to remember that when stamped on leather a lot of the fine points of your lettering will be lost. Many of us considered different letters in our stamps but the BOLD letters last longest, are easiest to read for a longer period of time. Our maker stamp is also our advertisement and you do not what someone to try and guess who made a product of yours, you want to be recognized! That is what brings new customers to your door.

Just my thoughts,

What is that first letter? Is it an A, or a Q? Depending on how big you plan to do that, it may lose detail / readability.

Ok guys thanks for the feed back! It says "Olander Leather works". I make holsters mostly and when I saw the O it kinda looked like a holster and the L like a gun. So, I moved it over so it would look like a holstered gun, but I don't know if it was successful! Back to the drawing board!

I was thinking sailboat or Methodist Church symbol. Sorry, but I didn't get it either.

you could use it as a Brand with the script font. and yes I thought at first it was a Sailboat...

lol I'm really gonna have to work on this!

My best advice is...Take your time, you're most likely going to have to live it it for some time and hopefully be happy with the logo too.

As an example, I was working on mine for more than 6 months (and I do have some artistic talent) now after using it for a while, I'm more than happy and thinking with horror on the first few attempts.

Usually the stamp is around an inch square, there is some small details that can fit within but as others have stated, make the text as simple as possible ie; Easy to read.

Good luck//Tina