Sign in to follow this  
katsass

The Second 'new Holster'

Back in May I showed a pic of a holster destined for a live auction for the Friends Of The NRA. At that time I indicated that there was another (different) holster in the works for them as well. Well. I got 'er done .... finally. It's sort of a tribute to our western heritage in that it is a Tom Threeperson's style with a thong VS a strap; for a K-frame Smith; with an inlaid Amerind arrowhead and branded with depictions of authentic western cattle brands. I think it came out fairly decently even if I do think a blue steel Mod 19 would look better than the Mod 64 I used to do the molding. Mike

005.jpg

quote]

A better pic...the other is a bit washed out. Mike

005-3.jpg

Your are an artist, my friend, . . .

I could copy that, . . . but would never come up with it myself as an original.

I consider myself good at just getting the mechanical stuff together, . . . much less the esthetics.

May God bless,

Dwight

Your are an artist, my friend, . . .

I could copy that, . . . but would never come up with it myself as an original.

I consider myself good at just getting the mechanical stuff together, . . . much less the esthetics.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, thanks for the compliment. I've had this idea knocking around in my mind for a while and figured that being (basically) a simple Threeperson style holster, it would be the more simple one to put together. It wasn't. We'll see how well it goes over at the 'Friends' fund raiser. Mike

That one turned out super Mike.Love the inlay my friend.Dave

That one turned out super Mike.Love the inlay my friend.Dave

Thanks for the compliment Dave, and also many thanks for the assistance. Mike

I think you did a great job on both holsters. I really like your choice of holster/firearm. These are awesome Mike. Good job.

I always love the brands Popo, I've seen them on some of your other work and they are my favorite attribute on your leather. On this tom threepersons, there are so many you have shown me before, it looks really nostalgic, I think it is my favorite haha.

I always love the brands Popo, I've seen them on some of your other work and they are my favorite attribute on your leather. On this tom threepersons, there are so many you have shown me before, it looks really nostalgic, I think it is my favorite haha.

Thanks Nick...It'll be going out this Friiday or so, to go off to auction in early August. But .....my doctor wants one similar to this for his Springfield Armory XD so it won't be the last branded holster I do. I'll send you a pic of it when I get it finished.

POPO (HEY, don't think too hard about the name thing....He's my grandson !!!)