I think I made a mistake. I dyed my belt on both sides. I noticed that the dye is rubbing off on my jeans. No biggie cause I always wear a belt. But I realized that the shoulder holster I am building is also dyed inside and out. Dye on my shirts is another story! I user Freiburg ?? I'd that right? Medium brown. Am I screwed ? Or is there a remedy? Thanks

Nope, you're not screwed. You just need to seal the dye in. I don't do holsters, but I know I've seen a lot of the regulars post that they use Fiebing's Resolene the same as I do on all of my products. I do a lot of belts with the backs dyed black. Black will bleed more than anything else out there, so if the Resolene prevents it there, it should have no issues sealing the brown. I mix it 50/50 with water and apply it with a lightly moistened sponge (absolutely NO water dripping from the sponge when squeezed). Just wipe it on in one stroke, then go back and rub it in with tight little circles to even it up and eliminate any bubbles. You will want 2 - 3 LIGHT coats. If you don't thin it 50/50, you'll end up with lots of problems.

The only difference between cyberthrasher's method and mine, . . . I use a 50 cent bristle hair brush, . . . but I get pretty much the same results.

May God bless,

Dwight

The only difference between cyberthrasher's method and mine, . . . I use a 50 cent bristle hair brush....

Hey, I use sponges that I get in a 10 pack from the dollar store, and then cut them up into squares, about 6 each - so that's 60 applicators for $1 - Beat that!!! :rofl:

seriously though, I tried a brush when I first started using it and didn't like the results, but I was still pretty new at the time. I'm sure that now I could get a better result - I've just had good success with the sponge so I haven't had the need to change it.

And since it hasn't been mentioned here yet....ALWAYS buff the leather to remove loose dye particles before sealing it.

:17:

Not sure how I forgot to mention it, but it's been a busy day :)