Constabulary

Rotary Die Cutting Machine

It looks basically like a mangle.....Guess this could easily be "made" at home..

However, I think making the pressing form would be a real pain and not worth the time unless its a simple pattern.

I would like to be able to cut out glove patterns, with speed, but more importantly with accuracy... I think the pattern would be too difficult to make...

Interesting idea though...

Alex

Hi Alex - nice to "read" you again hope all is well on your end.

I was actually thinking of an vintage mangle but I`m not sure if that will work. You need a certain amount of pressure and an adjustable hight and I´m not sure if it will work with a mangle. There are many of them out there but most need a lot of space. And spending 100€ or more to find out that will not work is not what I want but I have not dropped the idea. Still looking for ideas.

I also have contacted the German importer for the Paperfox press but have not heard from him. The MfG'er in Hungary seems to sell them for 480€ but they do not take Papyal and I don´t want to loose my money in that part of the world (you never know).

I meanwhile have bought a small pneumatic clicker press but I have to enlarge the stamp and stamping table and yet I don´t have an air compressor :whistle:.However I really like the idea of the papeprfox rotary press. Looks like a very effective system and it does not need much space.

I've seen several rotary die cutting machines by bluegrass leather out of KY both were in Amish shops who worked in biothaine

-Andrew

Hi Constab,

Thanks for asking...All is well here... I have been mostly learning to sew by hand and not using the machines or only the pelznähmaschine for gloves... I have not managed to master either yet... :)

I reallly think a vintage mangle would work and I have seen them for much less than 100 euros. If you can, send me a picture or description of the type of mangle you are looking for. If i see one, i will contact you..

I was think of getting an antik mangle to change in to a skiver... But have not had time to really look in to it..Adjustment of the roller would have to be very exact, as the blade would be permanently mounted to the mangle...

It would be interesting to see you make one of these presses...

Cheers

Alex