Looking for information for how to dye or paint veg tan leather white in a way that would be resilient enough for daily wear as a belt.

Thanks!

I am in the process of learning this too. I've read that Angelus leather paint works. It's basically an acrylic paint.

White dye is pretty much useless. It's impossible to get good coverage with it. White acrylic leather paint is the way to go.

Bill

I'm going to do a white watch strap, i bought white leather (pre-dyed) and going to use white Fenice edge paint.

Tandy's just put some of their standard white & edge paint on the clearance blow out at my local area last month. I grabbed one of each. Haven't opened - too busy doing MN renfest season.

I am in the process of learning this too. I've read that Angelus leather paint works. It's basically an acrylic paint.

I'm very interested in how long this sort of dye would last ... especially when I see they recommend sanding and using the adhesive coating ... it just seems like the sun would cook those coats until they flake off after a year or less.

I wondered that also but Angelus paints were designed to paint tennis shoes. From the reviews I have read it holds up well.

Looking for information for how to dye or paint veg tan leather white in a way that would be resilient enough for daily wear as a belt.

Thanks!

I am sitting down to cut some leather and emboss it this week, perhaps next week will be the one I die & test my white die ...

My "whimsical" suggestion to your inquiry is, "glitter" ... lots and lots of glitter. When it falls off just add more glitter/glue until happy! You will leave a trail of glitter where ever anyone goes...so then people can just follow the glitter to the source of awesome!