Sign in to follow this  
sheridanman

Terry Is A Great Guy !

hi guys

thank you guys for sharing your inputs about Knipschield knives. actually when i stumbled on this post it just cleared my mind away from other choices i have on my list for a knife maker that i would get one from. i am in the market for a good head knife. i researched a lot, did some asking from pros, got some offers of old knives(which are great), but i need a new knife that i can call my own. one thing bothering me with old ones are although they are great but most of them i have stumbled upon have markings of previous owner's initials, or some have loose handles. if i got them repaired it just defeats the purpose of its vintage aspect. i am no collector too, but spending another price for repair is out of my budget.

so when i saw this post about Terry i was also asking myself a lot of questions, again... i thought i better ask Terry myself. so i mailed him and what a wonderful guy indeed, the service is great even if i was just inquiring. he sent me an exact actual size head knife pattern in pdf format that i can see and if i like it he will start work. the actual size looked good to me and the length of the handle. i can have a clear view if it fits my hand. no more costly overseas phone calls. i am sold on his knife after asking pro saddle makers and some recommendations as well. not only that i can't get over Terry's extra effort to mail me an actual head knife pattern, but he just to shortened the headaches in the deciding process.

thanks for letting me share about Terry Knipschield and his creations.

ritch