GypsyWind

Leather Pendants with stone inlay

This is my first posting on here so Id like to Say Hello to everyone!

I look forward to talking with all of you in the near future

I just started playing with the Idea of Leather Jewelery for Vending at the Festivals me and my partner work at,

These where my three favorite pieces of the 13 that I made this last 2 weeks.

Would love to get some feedback on them =)

One of the Stones is crisicola, one is Quarts with black turmalin(?), and the other I am not sure what it is, but it is dark blue, almost matalic with flakes of gold in it.

I had some trouble with the Bezels(?), and was wondering if there is anyone on here who could give me some tips or info,

I also was wondering what types of glue are good for Leather?

I use superglue and locktite,

is there a fast setting glue that is mainly used on leather by chance?

bluestonePendant.jpg

crisicolaPendant.jpg

Quartzpendant.jpg

post-7808-1226192593_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1226192637_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1226192647_thumb.jpg

GypsyWind

I think those look pretty cool. I would like to see the yarn gone and maybe roo or rawhide used in it's place. Ya could lace it the way ya have it or do some sort of edge braid. Just my .02cents And Welome to a great site.

Mike

They are beautiful. I especially love the center one - and I agree with the other poster: the other two would be better with a different stitching material. It detracts from the stones.

I used Alene's (Aleen's?) "white crafter's glue" which I buy at the local craft store. I think it would work well for such a use. Of course, you could use contact cement too, but that's super strong in the smell department...

GypsyWindI think those look pretty cool. I would like to see the yarn gone and maybe roo or rawhide used in it's place. Ya could lace it the way ya have it or do some sort of edge braid. Just my .02cents And Welome to a great site.Mike
Aye Mike, I like the way leather lace looks on some of them, I started useing the Yarn tho for its texture, but I think I might start doing the pendants the have the nicer stones in them with the leather lace...  it definitly adds a cleaner look to it.whats an edge braid?and thankyou for the welcome!
They are beautiful. I especially love the center one - and I agree with the other poster: the other two would be better with a different stitching material. It detracts from the stones.I used Alene's (Aleen's?) "white crafter's glue" which I buy at the local craft store. I think it would work well for such a use. Of course, you could use contact cement too, but that's super strong in the smell department...
do you think that the silver pieces I have hanging from it adds alot more to it?i might try that glue,, thank you!

Hi and welcome

I love the style of your work. they would make great little medicine pouches for anyone, I am not sure I like the yarn all that much but your style seems to lend to it.

The blue stone, I am fairly sure thats lapis, it often has gold flecks and is often very vibrant. We will be using that in our lucky charm range of chokers and bracelets, it's a lovely stone and three - four times more expensive than a lot of other more common stones.

If ya look at Tina's notebook you will see a excellent example of a edge braid. There are more to choose from. If ya look at some of the motorcycle seats or billfolds ya will probably see more.

Mike

"do you think that the silver pieces I have hanging from it adds alot more to it?i might try that glue,, thank you!"

I don't dislike them, but it's hard to tell how big the piece is total. I think they look good on that particular piece. On others, it might be too much.

I Love these. The Rawness of them is awesome. Great job!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I love these, great job. The tourmaline is beautiful, the dark blue you said has gold flakes sounds like blue gold stone. I would dump the yarn and you can use coloured lace and lace around the edges. A nice mexican round braid lace or anything would be better than the yarn. The yarn is going to wear and fray then it will look crappy.

The other issue with wool yarn is that it can be itchy. Those look really neat, keep on working on them!