dhaverstick

New Leather Turkey Call Bag

I just finished this bag for Roy Mackey of Lone Star Game Calls. It was an interesting project because of the pockets, box call sheath and striker sleeves he wanted on it. I had never made a bag like this before so I really had to think about how I was going to put it all together. Surprisingly enough, my plan worked out and I was pleased with the end result.

One thing I really like about this bag is I got to use rare earth magnets as clasps for the flaps. I hardly ever get to use magnets because they don't play well with the electronics most folks like to carry around.

The body of the bag is buffalo and red deer. The trim is a mixture of ostrich hide, ostrich leg skin, caiman and deer. The adjustable straps are red deer and I carved the buttons out of deer antler. Everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew.

Darren

RonMackeyBag-4_zpsn4cbcrxu.jpgRonMackeyBag-5_zpsvvburath.jpgRonMackeyBag-8_zpsaxo5p2xr.jpgRonMackeyBag-6_zpsidegva7u.jpgRonMackeyBag-7_zpstqih0qcf.jpgRonMackeyBag-1_zpsd87yeipj.jpg

Very nice indeed!! Great work on that Darren.

Nice job!

One a second note, There is a very mistaken concept about today's electronics and magnets floating around here and many other locations as well. Today's electronics don't use magnetic sensitive materials. If they did, your devices wouldn't fit your shirt pocket. They would be the size of hard drives and contain a spinning disk. Think of the size and power consumption.

SDRAM cards and other micro memory are not sensitive to magnets.

Even floppy disks and magnetic stripes are not as sensitive as most people think. Need alternating fields to really mess up. But I do agree with keeping your mag stripe credit cards shielded from magnets, just in case. Nice to be safe rather than sorry.

Tom

Edit. Many smart phones and tablets use magnetic switches. You need to know where they are and what they are for, or you could have functions activated unintentionally. Many have a switch to turn the screen on and off.