Schultzt

Outlining Letters

Alright, I will try to make this as simple as possible. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to do a white painted piece with gold painted letters. I want the letters to be outlined in black. I tried to black antique a test piece but then I have to but on 3x as many coats of white paint. Also, I find that colors under the gold change the way the gold looks. I think I can get it to look nice but I was wondering if their is a quicker way to get a black border around my letters than hand painting resist, hand painting white, and then hand painting gold. Thanks for the help.

I had to paint black letters on a white background, . . . and just could not get the paint to run only to the edge of the stamp, . . . it always wanted to run a "little bit more" (I stamped the letters, . . . then painted the inside of them).

I wound up outlining it in black (using a very fine point Sharpie) and then painting up to the inside of the line formed by the Sharpie.

I didn't realize I could paint so beautifully when I got done,..................... :cowboy:

May God bless,

Dwight