AndyKnight

No Seam Swell Cover

this is a swell fork that after I read the posts about covering without welts a couple of weeks agoI thought I should do it that way.. It had been a while for some reason was in the habit of stitching welts in.... so thanks for the inspiration to get out of my rut :)

also a light wade shortened up for a Arab. > 30lbs

post-5135-021311200 1289530556_thumb.jpg

post-5135-039186900 1289530643_thumb.jpg

post-5135-031929400 1289530664_thumb.jpg

post-5135-028336000 1289530902_thumb.jpg

Very nice Andy. Swell looks great.

Top notch on both saddles! Very nice!

Andy,

nice work on both saddles... gives me some inspiration for a saddle I'm working on with a similar fork! I don't mind fitting the cover without a welt as much as carving a fork with undercut. I get used to carving slickforks and always find swells more challenging.

Are you planning anything for Kamloops next year? Hope to see you up there.

Darcy

Andy,

nice work on both saddles... gives me some inspiration for a saddle I'm working on with a similar fork! I don't mind fitting the cover without a welt as much as carving a fork with undercut. I get used to carving slickforks and always find swells more challenging.

Are you planning anything for Kamloops next year? Hope to see you up there.

Darcy

D.A.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't mind covering them, but carving them is the challenge. First, there is so much more surface area to carve, and the undercut is even more time consuming. Sure makes you want to stay with the slick forks and wades. I laid out a pattern on a wade front yesterday. So much easier and faster.

Thanks for the compliments,

Yes stamping swell forks is a bugger, it doesn't help that the leather is pretty compressed after putting it on.

Darc, not sure about Kamloops at this point ,I will have to see what is coming off the

bench closer to that time..