Here's the big order I've been working on for the past month. My hands are doing a happy dance that it's done!! It turned out pretty nice. I'm delivering the order today. I can tell you this...there were many days of beating on dead cow for 12-14 hours at a time. The only thing I didn't really like was on two of the briefcase bags, the Neatsfoot Oil really darkened a couple flowers more than others. At any rate, I am very glad to be done with the order, and very grateful to God for being blessed to get work. Take a look at the pics, and let me know what you think. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone. Be blessed.

post-7660-0-23177700-1353511945_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-18328400-1353512100_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-63130800-1353512155_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-58183400-1353512186_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-85169500-1353512218_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-38630200-1353512298_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-76342400-1353512312_thumb.jp

WOW very impressive KUDOS to you db

Dude they is COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superb work! I wish I could carve like that.

Those are fantastic!

Fabulous work! Thanks for sharing it.

As an aside, have you ever considered selling some tooling patterns?

Very nice!! My hand is hurting just from looking at them lol! AMAZING!

I read your profile. I think you have the Sheridan Style down pat! Amazing work. Looks like a lot of fun and sore hands.

Thanks gang for the compliments. I'm truly honored by your comments. I think the worst part of the order was hand carving each of those letters. Dadgum those were painful.

Rosiart...I wish I could tell you I sell patterns, but to be honest....ummm....I don't even have patterns. I simply lay out where the flowers go to establish the flow, and start carving. I don't draw up any patterns beforehand at all. Sorry.

Double U, that work looks fantastic. You really have mastered Sheridan Style carving, and I'm even more impressed to learn how you come up with your patterns! You are producing really great work and you should be proud of these.

Bob

Thanks Bob...I really appreciate your kind words. I'm not sure I'd say I've mastered it, but it's getting better. At least now my flowers and vines don't look like tumbleweeds like they did when I first started a few years ago. I look at some of my old stuff and just chuckle. Anyway, thanks again. Stay blessed.

Thanks gang for the compliments. I'm truly honored by your comments. I think the worst part of the order was hand carving each of those letters. Dadgum those were painful.

Rosiart...I wish I could tell you I sell patterns, but to be honest....ummm....I don't even have patterns. I simply lay out where the flowers go to establish the flow, and start carving. I don't draw up any patterns beforehand at all. Sorry.

Well, I sure hope that some year I will come to that understanding of flow and be able to run with it. lol

Really nice Wayne! I promise you if you will try Bee's Natural Saddle Oil, you will never pick up another can of Neatsfoot oil. That unpredictable coloring is the reason I switched.

Terry

I see what you mean about the oil darkening, but truth is these look NICE :)

To do one is amazing, the fact that you did multiple bags is incredible!

Wow.............Just Wow!

Sorry for the delay in responding everyone. I truly am appreciative of the compliments, and quite humbled. I will certainly try the Bee Natural saddle oil when I get back in the shop. Right now, I'm in OKC doing my "real" job of announcing rodeos and horse shows. Once I get back home, I'll be holed up 'til Christmas in the shop. Stay blessed all.

Again really nice work. I think I am getting better then I see people do work like that and I feel like a novice again. Your work and patterns are really unique. Do you ever get to Fort Worth to announce any of the events here?

I love the tooling but the handles are a little different then anything i've ever seen... where did you learn how to do it like that I always use one of the ways in vol. 2 of al stohlmans how to make leather cases I think it would help get a different handle and I think you customers would like it I dunno just finding a way for you to improve