nuk

S.steel lace

Anyone have any or know where Ican get some stainless steel lace, I want to do a couple of belts.

Weaver has it, but a word of caution, I bought a roll to do exactly what you are, and it was too stiff and hard to work with for a belt. I think sterling bezel wire would be a better option or silver leather. Though, if you're set on the stainless, I can send you some (no charge, of course) if you know the exact length you'll be needing, but I couldn't get this stuff to work for a belt.

Anyone have any or know where Ican get some stainless steel lace, I want to do a couple of belts.

I have a couple of belts to do also that want staniless steel wire. I was getting ready to order form from Weavers, but might be interested in the bezel wire. I am not familiar with that. Where do you get yours? Thanks Deb

I have a couple of belts to do also that want staniless steel wire. I was getting ready to order form from Weavers, but might be interested in the bezel wire. I am not familiar with that. Where do you get yours? Thanks Deb

Good morning 'DEB59' and thank you for your reply as I am sooo computer ilerate I never know for sure if I have done a-thing right or wrong on this contraption until some one such as yourself reply's. Deb I myself have never purchased any S.S. lace and I don't know what bezel wire is (Iwould like too), howeverwhat I am trying too find out is where I can purchase some 1/4" to 5/16" flat S.S. florintine lace,(I think is what it is called). I have seen it so I know it exist.

Also the last time I knew anything about Weaver's they only sold wholesale and had a $1500.00 minium purchase order requirement, neither of which I qualify for at this time.

any help you may furnish will be greatly appreceaited. I recently moved here too SO.CAL. and am lost. LOL If you care too you can e-mail me at: busdadnuk@rock.com if you have any additional info. on this matter. Again thank you for your time.

Sincerly

NUK

Weaver has it, but a word of caution, I bought a roll to do exactly what you are, and it was too stiff and hard to work with for a belt. I think sterling bezel wire would be a better option or silver leather. Though, if you're set on the stainless, I can send you some (no charge, of course) if you know the exact length you'll be needing, but I couldn't get this stuff to work for a belt.

Good morning Ian, and thank you for your reply and your most gratious offer.

I have need of about 10 ft. of this lace. I kinda let my mouth over load my

capablity in as much as I thought this stuff would be relitivly easy too find.

My mailing address is: (Nuk c/o J. marcetic 10343 vernon ave montclair Ca.91763).

In the past I have used rawhide lace that I made myself, but in this case I am new in this part of the country and I want too show out on these belts as I expect to get a good amount

of repete work off this job. If you need here is my e-mail (busdadnuk@rock.com).

If I can help you with anything in the future please don't hesitate.

looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerly NUK

Not that I want to sound overly stupid, but...

How in the heck would you ever actually lace anything with stainless steel? Even is you could, I can not imagine being able to wear it.

Not that I want to sound overly stupid, but...

How in the heck would you ever actually lace anything with stainless steel? Even is you could, I can not imagine being able to wear it.

As I found, you can't lace belts with it, simply because it requires a heck of a tight lacing to keep it flat, but it is used on saddles, where the leather is thick enough to pull it through the slots. I imagine that even then, it would be very difficult to use. Actually, I'm not even crazy about the way it looks, because it has a dull finish rather than the chrome-like look I had pictured before I saw it up close. The sterling silver wire would be a much better choice, though it runs $7.69 a foot, and I haven't yet had an order for a belt of that value.

Here's a link to various silver wire products

http://www.metalliferous.com/pdf/silver/SS...ezel%20Wire.pdf

Thanks for the source information. I will check it out! Deb

Sterling silver would be much easier to use but, wire is not strong at all. What guage were you thinking of using? Bezel comes in various widths and is often embossed with a design. Source I've used mostly is Indian Jewelry Supply in Gallup, NM IJS-supply.

Regis

Hi Nuk

I got some 3/16 stainless steel from a canadian company a few years ago. Been trying to find the place again but can't - still got some left and could send you a small reel I have left, probably got more then 10ft.

Just PM if interested.

Paul

There's also Mylar lace, more "leatherlike" and easy to work with.

http://stleather.com/2008-P39.html

Hi Nuk

I got some 3/16 stainless steel from a canadian company a few years ago. Been trying to find the place again but can't - still got some left and could send you a small reel I have left, probably got more then 10ft.

Just PM if interested.

Paul

Hello Paul, yes I am interested in the lace you have. let me know how much you want and what the procedure or protocol is, as this will be the first time I will have attempted a transaction of any kind via computeror internet. thank you NUK

Edited by nuk

There's also Mylar lace, more "leatherlike" and easy to work with.

http://stleather.com/2008-P39.html

Hello Tina and thank you for the reply. The only mylar lace I have ever seen was sold at tandy/leather factory. The reason I don't want (or more precisely) do not choose to use mylar is because these belts are very time consumeing (for me at least) to produce,and are concidered" high end " in as much as price plus they are very rugged, thus they are put to the test. I am not comfortable putting my reputation on the line using

the type of mylar that tandy sells. However if there is a more durable type I would be most interested! ;) (Could'nt resist the wink-n smilely face) Thanks again Tina :notworthy:

SINCERLY NUK