BearMan

My Son's Tooling Box

Hi Everybody,

Here is what I've been working on lately. I have a little over 100 hours in it. I made everything in it, except for some of the stamping tools, the 2 swivel knives & blades, & the 6" rule. At last count, there are 35 tools in all. The tools include: a 4" slicker, a border tool, 6" rule, small screwdriver, "cheat sheets", 18 stamping tools, a strop, an expandable tube of rouge, a pair of "Lady Leg" dividers (carbon fiber), 2 different swivel knives, 2 extra blades, a petal lifter, a modeling tool, an allen wrench, & a 20oz Rosewood Maul.

Several things are held in place by rare earth magnets. The compartment lid uses a magnetic latch. The top leather piece is held on with 93 tiny nails,,, I don't think it will fall off,,, hehehe The finger carved bird, is my interpretation of Clay Millers design. I only have one "secret" compartment in this box,,, & of course no I can't tell you where!!

I was told I should call it "30-05" (thirty ought five), because it's 30 lbs of stuff,,, in a 5 lb box. Thanks Ben!

Sooo,,,, what do you think??? What did I forget to put in,,, in this 9 1/2" x 6" x 2 1/2" box? Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-001787200 1281724177_thumb.jpg

post-7175-082295500 1281724197_thumb.jpg

post-7175-044408900 1281724216_thumb.jpg

post-7175-038794300 1281724240_thumb.jpg

post-7175-033056100 1281724310_thumb.jpg

post-7175-065966300 1281724342_thumb.jpg

AWESOME !

I'll add WOW!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon::jawdropper::Holysheep: Not only do I admire your leatherworking abilities, but also your woodworking abilities. That is incredible!!!!

WOW!!!!:thumbsup:

BEAUTIFUL LEATHER AND WOODWORK!!!:notworthy:

YOWSA!!!!!! That is an incredible piece of craftsmanship!

Thanks everybody! It's going to be a Christmas present,,, I'm glad I started it early! Now only about a dozen more presents to make,,, Ed

That is awesome Ed. Great Leather, Wood AND Metal work.

First question is, do you offer that modeling tool for sale, at least the spoon section - with or without handle...?

wow, ive been thinking about learning to do a little leather carving so let me just say....IM AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION! just kidding im too old for that but that set is a beauty to behold

Can I be your son? You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Thanks soooo much! It's nice to make something that so many people like! I truly believe that with some time & patience,,, most anybody can do this. I have a little over 100 hours in it. That's including the 4 times I did the bear claw, before I was happy with it. Of course those 100 hours are spread out over about a month & half,,, with a lot of "dream designing" in the middle of the night, when I should be sleeping.

Thanks again for all the wonderful compliments,,, I'm really happy that it's done!! hehehe

It's funny how beautiful leather work like you have on top is such a minute detail in the scope of a project like this. I think be may need to start a "Super Show Off" section just for this post! :) As a certified son I am also available for adoption... Simply amazing work.

Speechless!!

I don't want adopted... I want you to come organize my work space!! Very beautiful and exceptionally organized and planned.

Crystal

What a joy it would be to own and use that beautiful toolbox.

My Goodness!! I deffinately need a bigger house with all the new adoptees!! Not to mention, trying to keep everybody out of my shop!! hehehe Thanks Everybody!!

Hi Everybody,

Here is what I've been working on lately. I have a little over 100 hours in it. I made everything in it, except for some of the stamping tools, the 2 swivel knives & blades, & the 6" rule. At last count, there are 35 tools in all. The tools include: a 4" slicker, a border tool, 6" rule, small screwdriver, "cheat sheets", 18 stamping tools, a strop, an expandable tube of rouge, a pair of "Lady Leg" dividers (carbon fiber), 2 different swivel knives, 2 extra blades, a petal lifter, a modeling tool, an allen wrench, & a 20oz Rosewood Maul.

Several things are held in place by rare earth magnets. The compartment lid uses a magnetic latch. The top leather piece is held on with 93 tiny nails,,, I don't think it will fall off,,, hehehe The finger carved bird, is my interpretation of Clay Millers design. I only have one "secret" compartment in this box,,, & of course no I can't tell you where!!

I was told I should call it "30-05" (thirty ought five), because it's 30 lbs of stuff,,, in a 5 lb box. Thanks Ben!

Sooo,,,, what do you think??? What did I forget to put in,,, in this 9 1/2" x 6" x 2 1/2" box? Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Somehow I just imagined a commercial where the camera pans into a large country house. A woman is sobbing in the background and on the phone. A soothing voice assures her that it will be alright. The next scene shows a man tending to his horses, getting them all settled in with care and then he grabs a box that we only get a glimpse of and gets into his immaculately restored classic Ford truck.

Winding country roads later the truck pulls up to the large house and the man gets out and goes in. The distraught lady thanks him for coming to her aid in this emergency. He asks to see the patient.

The camera pans across an expansive mahogany table with ornate chairs. Comes up on the main chair with it's intricately carved leather inlay and it's got a large tear and stain right in the center, where a man's heart would be. "Can you repair this?" pleads the woman.

The leather master now sets his ornate tool box on the table and the camera slowly caresses it while moving towards the latches. The box is opened and the last words spoken are a soft and confident, "I can". The camera fades out to and elegantly carved logo that reads "Bearman Leather"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This setup is so amazing that it has now replaced my daughter as my desktop wallpaper. As a case guy I am humbly bowing to you for this incredibly functional and beautiful work of art. Masters like you give hacks like me mountains to climb.

Thank you!

Thank You so much John,,,, What a story!!

But,,, you are NOT a "Hack",,, in any way! The cases you make are some of the best I've seen. Thanks to everybody for all the very kind compliments!!

Ed the"BearMan"

Ed,

That is a stunning display of craftmanship. The bird is way cool too!

ClayM.

Good Morning Clay,

I wonder where you've seen it before??? I really liked your Bird design the best,,,, so,, I hope my interpretation is ok. Your work makes me work harder to do better all the time,,, Thanks,,, Ed

It's THE sickest tool box I've ever seen. It's GEORGEOUS.

I do have a question, what is the glass plate on the left of the first and last pictures? Is that the 4" slicker?