Sign in to follow this  
dustin29

future leatherworker

Hey everybody, how are you? My name is Dustin and I am from Maine. I am just learning to do some leathercrafting as a hobby. Check out my 17 month old son named Myles, he is a future leatherworker.

100_2049.jpg

100_2051.jpg

100_2052.jpg

100_2053.jpg

100_2054.jpg

post-10624-1249159741_thumb.jpg

post-10624-1249159840_thumb.jpg

post-10624-1249159951_thumb.jpg

post-10624-1249160029_thumb.jpg

post-10624-1249160091_thumb.jpg

That's cute! I thought I started my son young at 3 (he's almost 5 now and still loves it)

That's cute! I thought I started my son young at 3 (he's almost 5 now and still loves it)

Thank You! My older son is 8 and he likes to practice stamping on practice pieces of leather. He actually made his own key fob. Myles loves to sit in my lap and touch all of my tools, sometimes when I dont want him to, but its worth it to see him smile.

I have taught kids in an after school program as young as kindergartners. They sure love to pound!

As for my guy, it gave me a big smile when he said "Mommy, I could paint with you all day!" (he was helping me paint roses at the time). I have a train stamp from Tandy that is his particular favorite for 3D stamping.

You're right that it can be a problem to have them in the workshop at times, when you don't want them touching everything, but in the long run it's rewarding. They're only little for a short while...

Here he is painting a wooden fort he has.

001.JPG

post-5639-1249174539_thumb.jpg

I have taught kids in an after school program as young as kindergartners. They sure love to pound!

As for my guy, it gave me a big smile when he said "Mommy, I could paint with you all day!" (he was helping me paint roses at the time). I have a train stamp from Tandy that is his particular favorite for 3D stamping.

You're right that it can be a problem to have them in the workshop at times, when you don't want them touching everything, but in the long run it's rewarding. They're only little for a short while...

Here he is painting a wooden fort he has.

001.JPG

Thats awesome! My sons would love his fort. The older one is always building a fort out of anything he can find, and the younger one is always wrecking it! Gotta love em, they really are alot of entertainment.

I have ones of him actually working on leather, but I can't pinpoint them right now. I know I posted some a while back under the topic "kids in the shop" or something like that.

This paint job is on what he calls his "pirate ship tree house" - LOL - and it's a Melissa and Doug brand product. My husband's brother always gets him the cool stuff!

I have ones of him actually working on leather, but I can't pinpoint them right now. I know I posted some a while back under the topic "kids in the shop" or something like that.

This paint job is on what he calls his "pirate ship tree house" - LOL - and it's a Melissa and Doug brand product. My husband's brother always gets him the cool stuff!

My boys uncles always get them loud obnoxious toys like drums and talking toys. LOL