Denny

Removing Shinny Finish From New Saddle

I Had a saddle custom made and I told the saddle maker that I did not want a finish on my saddle, I wanted a oil rubbed finish. Well he forgot and put something on that is shinny on, and he said it was a leather conditioner and it would wear off in time, I don't ride that much and it would take a month of Sundays to do that. So my question is , Is there something that will take that finish off or a way with out affecting the color of the saddle. He really did a really nice job and fits me really well just but I do not like a shinny saddle. Any help would be so much appreciated Thank you

Denny, the onus is on the saddle maker for make it right. If you specified no finish, then that's how it should be and what you paid for. Besides, if you try to take the finish off yourrself, and God forbid, you mess it up, you will have no recourse your are stuck with it! I can't speak for him, but; there are many good saddle makers on this sight, and one of the points that they constantly make is that a saddle maker worth his/her salt will not consider a project done till they have satisfied that customer properly.

Bob