Spinner

Latest Tank Bib

Here's my latest whaletail tank bib. Not quite finished, as I still need to sew in the back liner but I won't have a chance to take photos between now and when i ship it off. Customer wanted a small american flag on the neck and a removable oversized pocket for his CB gear. Since he doesn't always ride with the gear he wanted a cover plate with his nickname on it to cover the snaps and the holes for the cables. The font is the same one used for the bike's logo called "Raceway"

It's so hard to talk bike folks out of all black! LOL The bib is 5/6 oz and the pocket is 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2" and fully lined with kidskin 1.5 oz. Finish is neatsfoot & tan-kote followed by Pecard smooth leather conditioner and lastly Pecard motorcycle leather dressing.

DSC00397.jpgDSC00398.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

Edited by Spinner

Nice clean work. :notworthy: Who did the flag for you?

Nice clean work. :notworthy: Who did the flag for you?

Thanks Luke. Not sure about the question though. Do you mean: Where did I get the American Flag stamp?

If so, that's quite a compliment...it's hand tooled by yours truly. ;) All except the individual stars.

I bought a tiny star stamp from Tandy and stamped them by hand.

Edited by Spinner

excellent work, very original design, love the way it wraps around the tank

excellent work, very original design, love the way it wraps around the tank

Thanks Roo, although I have to admit the wrap around idea isn't 100% mine. I did expand on the idea with a fuller wrap, but the idea of wrapping the tank (as far as I know) goes to the folks at Peaceful Cruisin'.

Fortunately for me, they retired from custom leatherwork earlier this year so I took up the mantel. ;)

great job very clean carving nice work

great job very clean carving nice work

Thanks DS!

I like it! Very cool project!

Very nice, The black matches the seat perfectly as well, it's the same shade and looks like it has the same sheen (if that makes sense).

Thanks Troy!

Hey Billie, thanks! Yeah, the black was odd to match since the factory seat is actually vinyl. The aftermarket Mustang seats have the same coloring and sheen so I came up with a finish that mimics them both pretty closely to make the whole thing blend more seamlessly.

These are becoming a common project for my shop, the one pictured here is #4 and 2 more are under construction, headed for the UK when done. Those next two will be a change though as they have some pretty cool lacing requirements along with 12mm dome spots but no tooling.

There is a certain look to clean leather work, youitr work has that look. The lines on the flag are outstanding and work real well with the overall look of the bib.

I have that same small star stamp and use it quite offten on every thing from dog collars to tool bags.

There is a certain look to clean leather work, youitr work has that look. The lines on the flag are outstanding and work real well with the overall look of the bib.

I have that same small star stamp and use it quite offten on every thing from dog collars to tool bags.

Thanks Fredo :yeah: