JHayek

Champion Deep Throat Stitcher

Selling my heavy stitcher to make room for a more compact machine. This is not a beginner machine but if you arr familiar with these old hook and awl machine this could be a good machine to pick up at a very fair price. Machine includes original cast iron pedestal stand and electric motor. Comes with all presser feet and misc extra parts. I will post pics as I get time or can text them to you if you are seriously interested. I'm asking 750.00 firm. The price is fixed I will not lower it. I cannot ship it so you will have to pick it up. Located in southern wyoming

Jon

I would like to offer you $100 for this machine. Parts are no longer available it has been out of production for over 40 years.

Please review the post. The price is reasonable. If you want something for scrap metal price check the sslvage yard. Your offer is offensive and I will use it for a mailbox stand before letting it go at that price.

Please review the post. The price is reasonable. If you want something for scrap metal price check the sslvage yard. Your offer is offensive and I will use it for a mailbox stand before letting it go at that price.

Great reply!

It has been out of production, but is still being used in production...interesting twist. Parts are available through CampbellRandal, as are accessories. Needle/awl sets can be found through Pilgrim Sewing. I know because I have a narrow throat machine sitting in my friend's store down on the coast, and I looked up all the parts and pieces. The rollers for the cams on the back of the machine can be made from drill bit stop collars, and when the set screw is removed, it makes a nice little oiling port.

Good grief at the gall of folks. I'm looking for a machine and don't have much money but I would never make such a statement to someone.

But if you wanna get into a bidding war, I'll offer you $106.00. Bahahaha! :D

God bless, Ray

:)

Your price is VERY reasonable but distance beats me out on this one.

Where in Wyoming, may I ask

North of laramie about 40 miles

Why don't people want to take the time to take to a local UPS store to have something shipped?

Why don't people want to take the time to take to a local UPS store to have something shipped?

UPS would not ship this machine. It would have to go on a pallet and be shipped truck freight. It usually is much more about ability than time.

If disassembled and shipped in separate boxes they would... Take the table apart and lay it flat?

If disassembled and shipped in separate boxes they would... Take the table apart and lay it flat?

Look up the machine. It is not what you think it is, far bigger and heavier. Massive pieces of cast iron.

I'm well aware of what the machine is...

I'm just not willing to drive to middle of nowhere Wyoming to purchase it!

You're liniting prospective buyers when you're not willing to ship...

I'm well aware of what the machine is...

I'm just not willing to drive to middle of nowhere Wyoming to purchase it!

You're liniting prospective buyers when you're not willing to ship...

IF the machine is still available, I will happily go to the seller's address (with their permission, of course) and disassemble, label, box and ship the machine. My fee for this will be $950 + actual shipping charges + travel expenses.

Since this thread is a year old, it's likely that the machine is no longer available.

If you're interested in the narrow throat version, mine is available. PM for details, please.

Near Rock River? I live in Rawlins and often take hwy 30 when traveling East.

Wow. I haven't been on in a while and didn't know that this such a hot topic. For the guy who complained about middle of nowhere Wyoming, sorry that's where the machine is. When I purchased the machine I went to the seller and we loaded it with a tractor. Since it is so heavy I don't want to mess with crating it hauling it to cheyenne and shipping it out of a freight company. I simple don't have the time. I priced it low to account for this. To the guys who messaged me about the machine it us still for sale I have been pretty busy and haven't been checking my messages. Oltoot, yes by rock river

JHayek, never apologize for pricing something at what you think it's worth. Some people will try to get you down if you want to give it to them. Over the years I have adopted this policy: this is the price and if you don't like it, I guess it won't work for you. That applies to the leather business, horse tradin', and everything else. Oltoot, I have relatives in Rawlins! Second cousins, I think.

Here are pics of the machine.

post-6019-0-39770000-1429139194_thumb.jp

post-6019-0-36226300-1429139314_thumb.jp

post-6019-0-79453500-1429139340_thumb.jp

Big sioux I agree with you. I wasn't apologizing for the price I meant that I am sorry this person didn't understand the situation. It is what it is.

Here are pics of the machine.

That is so cool. My Champion is missing the base so it is just mounted to a bench with a servo motor below. I can't imagine what the thing ways, without the base mine was incredibly heavy (I would estimate the top was well over 200 lbs).