michi

Clip with Dee in ss

Hi

I asked this about a year ago, but i didn't explain good enough what I mean.

Now I have the necessary pictures to make clear what i am looking for.

We use clips with dees on our saddles to enable customers to attach strings to the saddle when they go to a trailride.

As my husband (saddlemaker) wants to use the long version in size 5/8 (! not 3/4!!!) we are not glad with she short verison in ss.

Picture shortClipss.jpg shows the one in ss which is too short

longClipNickel.jpg is a great shape, but it is not ss, but nickel.

We do know, that this long clip in ss exists, because we saw it on a saddle. So anyone on this world does produce this item.

Does anybody out there know, where we can buy this item?

Clip with dee, 5/8", long version, in ss......

My husband is asking me for this item every second day, so if I want to become glad again --- I's better find this item... :)

Thanks a lot

michi

shortClipSS.jpg

longClipNickel.jpg

post-8642-12567625109_thumb.jpg

post-8642-125676252198_thumb.jpg

Hi Michi,

Weaver 273 Clip & Dee 5/8 by 3.5" long SS, now the bad news, you have to drill your own hole. We've discussed this before on here, buy a quality drill bit to do this. Cost about $1.50 to $2.00 US.

Art

Hi

We use clips with dees on our saddles to enable customers to attach strings to the saddle when they go to a trailride.

As my husband (saddlemaker) wants to use the long version in size 5/8 (! not 3/4!!!) we are not glad with she short verison in ss.

We do know, that this long clip in ss exists, because we saw it on a saddle. So anyone on this world does produce this item.

My husband is asking me for this item every second day, so if I want to become glad again --- I's better find this item... :)

Thanks a lot

michi

A good place to look would be www.ohiotravelbag.com

What Page?

Art

A good place to look would be www.ohiotravelbag.com

Hi again Michi,

You can also make your own C&Ds whatever length you want, just get 5/8 SS strap and 5/8 Dees (again from Weaver) and make them , just take a small set of end nippers or a punch and crimp them, then drill the hole.

Art

Hi

Thanks a lot

michi

What Page?

Art

I think your idea of getting the D-ring and SS strapping is the way to go for custom work.

I had always heard that Ohio Travel Bag had it all and that was the first thing that popped into my head. I scanned through the catalog and found ONE on pg 38, but I don't think it would work well on a saddle. I've seen them all over the place and cannot remember even one place where I've seen them. I just went through the entire catalog and that was it. Pg 38. I am surprised.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Not a waste of time, just the OTB catalog is a little hard to find things in. The stuff I order all the time I know exactly, but if I am looking for something specific, it can be a page by page affair, and it is easy to miss it. They did have the short ones though.

Art

I think your idea of getting the D-ring and SS strapping is the way to go for custom work.

I had always heard that Ohio Travel Bag had it all and that was the first thing that popped into my head. I scanned through the catalog and found ONE on pg 38, but I don't think it would work well on a saddle. I've seen them all over the place and cannot remember even one place where I've seen them. I just went through the entire catalog and that was it. Pg 38. I am surprised.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Hi

Thanks a lot

michi

The one on the left is stocked by le prevo leather supplies, Newcastle, England. see attached link :- http://www.leprevo.co.uk/d%27s_o%27s_steel.htm they work out about $15-$17 per hundred plus post and packing, and you might get stung for import duty.

Cheers

Mike