Lone Pine Lady

Carving Bianchi Holster

I am fairly new to leather carving but my husband has asked if there is any way for me to carve his Bianchi Shoulder Holster. Before I try to contact the manufacturer to see if I can purchase one that is unsealed or untreated in any way I thought I would ask for comments and advise here. I realize that there are patterns for holsters available but he prefers to stick with the Bianchi that he is familiar with. As you kmow, they do not come cheap so if there is a way to tool the one he has that would be preferable to buying second one just to be able to carve it. Advise and suggestions are very welcome!!

Since you already have the holster, I would recomend making a pattern from the original, then purchase some tooling leather, stamp or tool it then sew it up.It will be much easier to tool the leather flat on a stone than an already formed holster. Just my thoughts.

ateve

Thanks for the idea Steve. The more I think about this the more I thnk that I may just wait until I have more experience and then do as you suggest. It seems to be the most logical avenue to give him what he wants. In the meantime I guess I can always make a holster for myself as practice!

Thanks again!

Marsha