KG leather kote

I have been using this stuff for a while now and I wonder if anyone else is. This is great I think, it has the consistency of canned condensed milk. And it is applied with your finger, it is a coating that I rub in on the inside of the Holster and it gives the holster almost a feeling of a kydex holster, almost all pressure is gone with drawing and holstering a gun, if it tightly boned at the trigger guard and the ejection port, you will fill a distinct snap when holstering. I know there are other slickening agents out on the market and I have no reviews on them but I like this stuff and will continue to use it .. let me know if yall have any experience with this stuff.

KG leather kote

I have been using this stuff for a while now and I wonder if anyone else is. This is great I think, it has the consistency of canned condensed milk. And it is applied with your finger, it is a coating that I rub in on the inside of the Holster and it gives the holster almost a feeling of a kydex holster, almost all pressure is gone with drawing and holstering a gun, if it tightly boned at the trigger guard and the ejection port, you will fill a distinct snap when holstering. I know there are other slickening agents out on the market and I have no reviews on them but I like this stuff and will continue to use it .. let me know if yall have any experience with this stuff.

Sounds like a product I would like... Unfortunately, I'm not about to spend $12.95 + $9.45 SHIPPING on a 2 oz tub of anything that doesn't include magic beans ;)

Sounds like a product I would like... Unfortunately, I'm not about to spend $12.95 + $9.45 SHIPPING on a 2 oz tub of anything that doesn't include magic beans ;)

+1. :thumbsdown:

+1. :thumbsdown:

That's cool guys. I don't expect anyone to go jump for joy on a product that doesnt have magic beans, I was just posting to see if anyone else uses it. I put the link to to so you could read exactly what it is and does . But I have paid more for other leather stuff that doesn't have magic beans. Silly me

That's cool guys. I don't expect anyone to go jump for joy on a product that doesnt have magic beans, I was just posting to see if anyone else uses it. I put the link to to so you could read exactly what it is and does . But I have paid more for other leather stuff that doesn't have magic beans. Silly me

Not silly at all, it sounds like a great product. I want to try it... just need to get around that $9 shipping.

A couple of questions -

Does it make the leather more firm?

Do you just use it to burnish the inside of your holsters?

How long does a 2oz or 4oz tub last you?

Are you sure it doesn't come with magic beans :)

Cheers!

Not silly at all, it sounds like a great product. I want to try it... just need to get around that $9 shipping.

A couple of questions -

Does it make the leather more firm?

Do you just use it to burnish the inside of your holsters?

How long does a 2oz or 4oz tub last you?

Are you sure it doesn't come with magic beans :)

Cheers!

I don't think it makes the leather firmer, its just like a top coat that I think bonds or soaks in the leather and leaving a very slick surface. I just use it on the slide part forward of the ejection port only where the marks are left from the gun onto the leather to relieve some of the friction

I don't use it to burnish the leather, it is the very last step in the process, after my resolene is dried on the inside on the holster then I will apply it. It is dry to the touch after 20 mins or so but I let dry over night and then ship holster next day.

How long does it last you ask in the can ? Well I have done about 25 holsters with it and I still have not seen any drop in the level of the container. Picture this, you have a little cup of ketchup with some magic beans mixed in and you want to take a taste, you just dabb your finger into it, that little tiny drop is all I use of that mix. Like I said it does not dry up right away and it has no place to go into the leather with the sealer sprayed in, so it just stays on top and that little drop will go a long way in that holster. But when it is dry I try to rub my fingernail over it to make sure it does not " crust" off and it never has. It does not dry lumpy or anything like that, it dries flat and if you rub your finger over it once its dried you will not even feel it on top of the leather.

As far as the magic beans, I think it has magic dust in it.

Ben

I don't think it makes the leather firmer, its just like a top coat that I think bonds or soaks in the leather and leaving a very slick surface. I just use it on the slide part forward of the ejection port only where the marks are left from the gun onto the leather to relieve some of the friction

I don't use it to burnish the leather, it is the very last step in the process, after my resolene is dried on the inside on the holster then I will apply it. It is dry to the touch after 20 mins or so but I let dry over night and then ship holster next day.

How long does it last you ask in the can ? Well I have done about 25 holsters with it and I still have not seen any drop in the level of the container. Picture this, you have a little cup of ketchup with some magic beans mixed in and you want to take a taste, you just dabb your finger into it, that little tiny drop is all I use of that mix. Like I said it does not dry up right away and it has no place to go into the leather with the sealer sprayed in, so it just stays on top and that little drop will go a long way in that holster. But when it is dry I try to rub my fingernail over it to make sure it does not " crust" off and it never has. It does not dry lumpy or anything like that, it dries flat and if you rub your finger over it once its dried you will not even feel it on top of the leather.

As far as the magic beans, I think it has magic dust in it.

Ben

Thanks for the info Ben... it looks like Brownell's and Midway actually carry it as well. I ordered a 2 oz container, so I'll give the stuff a try!

Cool, I hope it works out for you. Yea I got mine from midway and it was super fast shipping even for there cheapest shipping. Let me know what you think . And I guess no one else has tried it out, but you are right about the price. I actually thought about for a long time before I made the purchase and when business was good and I could spare a extra 20 , I made the purchase.

Ben