Sign in to follow this  
bruce johnson

Ferdco Juki Pro 2000 Leather Sewing Machine (Bruce Johnson 0001)

I am selling a used Ferdco Juki 2000. It sews like a champ, and comes with the saddlers package of accessories (lube pot, single and double wheel roller guides, holster plate, stirrup plate, blanket feet, wide double toe and wide left toe feet, narrow center foot and narrow left toe foot, bobbins, needles). It was basically unused before I got it. I put a servo motor on it, and it has a speed reducer already - total control stitching. It did not come with a light (Artisan sells a good one) or thread stand (think inexpensive, mine wheels of the top spool on the wall). I have used it for a couple months, and have had no problems. I have another 2000 already, plus a flat bed machine. This machine is a great second machine, but I need to cash some things out right now.

Now the down side, and a lesson learned. It was shipped to me via The UPS Store and UPS. It was dropped in the delivery truck and broke off a corner of the casting. Three bolts still hold it securely, and picture is attached. Even though insured, UPS said it was not packed correctly (it wasn't) and denied coverage. The UPS Store in Ohio blamed UPS and denied coverage, even though they packed it. The shipper didn't want to take anymore interest in it, and he paid for the insurance not the receiver (me). THe UPS Store said I was welcome to file a claim against them in Ohio. Seeing a trend here? Nobody is the advocate for the receiver. Lesson learned there. Picture attached. It has not affected the machine at all. I have figured this into my pricing.

Price for everything is $3500. I won't take PayPal on this - cash or good check, subject to clearing, all that. Due to past bad experience I would seriously like to avoid shipping. I live in north central California (Oakdale). I would be willing to deliver it within these parameters - north to Red Bluff or south to Bakersfield. I am not chaining up to cross the Sierras, sorry.

I have attached pictures of the machine, the break, and stitching example (top and backside). The stitching was 346 top/277 bobbin. The single layer of 11 oz was 7 spi, The doubled layer (22 oz) was about 8 spi (I didn't change the setting from the first).

IMG_0023__Small_.jpg

IMG_0025__Small_.jpg

IMG_0026__Small_.jpg

Ferdco_Juki_2000_stitching__Small_.jpg

Ferdco_Juki_2000_stitching_001__Small_.jpg

post-29-1201462696_thumb.jpg

post-29-1201462741_thumb.jpg

post-29-1201462761_thumb.jpg

post-29-1201462779_thumb.jpg

post-29-1201462797_thumb.jpg

Bruce... thats a very nice deal.... wish i had the money....

Edited by wolvenstien

Hi Bruce,

I haven't been running my thread through the thread post on the top of the machine because the thread post I have doesn't fit the hole, which I believe is unthreaded on my machine. Does the thread post you have pictured screw right in or has it been modified with a black rubber thingamajig on the bottom?

Since I seem to be adding quite a bit of top thread tension at times, I'm beginning to wonder if I should find a way to affix the thread post and start using it, as that would add a bit of tension without requiring me to adjust the top thread tensioners.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

That top post does screw in, the hole is threaded. It doesn't tension anything. It just holds the thread up. On my other machine I go from the spool to the lube pot, and use the guide on the lube pot instead. I took the lube pot off in anticipation of selling it.

Bruce, thats a serious nice machine and great price. With all those attachments included also. WOW, you wouldn't have any trouble selling that. My machine is just like that only older. I don't have, but wish I had all those attachments and accessories.

bob

Just got off the phone, the machine is spoken for. Thanks all...