GivingThree

Hello World From Charlotte, Nc - New To Site & Leathercraft

I'm new to both leathercraft and this forum. I don't know what I don't know, so I'm hoping this site will be a good source to help me get started. I have three tools; mallet, needle, and a four hole punch thingy.

I've attached a picture of my first attempt... let's call it a "pen warmer." At least that's what I told my wife I made when I showed it to her. The stitching on the left was my first attempt. The right side was my second. I'll probably burnish the edges, once I have a burnishing tool.

For all those that want to leave a note of welcome, please let me know what tools, tricks, supplies, and suppliers you recommend as I build my workshop and my knowledge of a new hobby.

Ben

image.jpg

post-50003-0-02853700-1393196875_thumb.j

Edited by GivingThree

Welcome to the forum. Just one note.....watch your stitch routine. It looks like you got off a couple of times on the stitch row on the left. Looks really nice.

You're getting better -- keep it up! If you haven't already done so, I suggest you go to Zack White Leather in Ramseur. Assuming that you are in Charlotte, NC (as opposed to some other Charlotte), Zack White is about 1 1/2 hours from you -- well worth the trip! You can google them for more information. Have fun!

Welcome and a second on checking out Zack White. I'll admit it has been about 18 years since I did business with them (got out of leather work for a time, now shipping is a little high for what I want). However, I hope to make a trip in the next few months to visit the store. They were wonderful to do business with when I dealt with them back when and I'm happy to see they are still around.