DaltonMasterson

Strange Troubles With Cobra 4

Ok. I have a Cobra 4, and have had the occasional issue, but nothing terrible.

Tonight, I am just frustrated.

I am using 207 on the bobbin, and 277 up top, with a 160 needle. I have never tried the 160 before, so it is an experiment and may be my issue. I was using a 180 before, and had the occasional issue.

Anyway, I keep breaking a strand of the top thread after about 6 stitches or so. It will fray off, and then of course travel up to the needle eye, and bind everything up.

I did a run by hand turning the wheel, and when I felt it happening I looked in on the bobbin. It seems the shuttle hook has split the thread, with the about to be broken thread coming around to the front/left side of the shuttle hook, while the other main strand is back behind where it is supposed to be.

I assume I have a timing issue? What do you think?

Steve and Co?

If no response here, I will wait until Mon. or Tues to call, but would prefer to be able to use tomorrow to get this project done.

Thanks,

DM

DM,

With that thread, a 200 is the correct needle, a 180 will work with the occasional thread break, but a 160 is simply asking for trouble. Just change to a 200.

Art

Ah. I will give that a shot. It doesnt leave too big a hole does it?

If holes are too big, close them up after sewing with by slicking them with a large piece of smooth metal like a finishers hammer.

Art

Thanks for the help Art. I have used the 180 since May when I got the machine. It usually worked, with the occasional hiccup. I switched to the 200 today, and sewed a very complicated long run with not a hiccup. Not sure why I thought 180 was the way to go....

Holes look fine too.