Sign in to follow this  
garym

custom leather for my bike

Well I bought a new toy in August and figured it needs some custome leatherwork on it. I attached some before and after pictures. The Bike is a 2008 Harley Street GLide. Still working on my first seat, but here is a new twist. Let me know what you think

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

post-790-1193313804_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313943_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313962_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313973_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313982_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313989_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193313998_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193314012_thumb.jpg

post-790-1193314019_thumb.jpg

WOW! That's really nice Gary. I like the pattern a lot and you did a great job with it.

Clay

:o That's a stunning piece of carving, Gary. It's a real eye-catcher.

After seeing this, and all the spectacular bike seats that are produced by members of this forum, I'm wondering... Do you have to keep these motorcycles garaged once they have custom leatherwork on them? I'm just wondering how handmade leather seats and trim hold up to the elements.

Beautiful work! -Alex

Now that is some really serious knife work. Really impressive job on the coloring of the feathers also.

Checked out your site and as impressive as your work displayed on the site is the one you posted here really puts it over the wall.

cool eagle, some serious 3D going on there....my only concern would be - dirt.

bikes collect dirt, expecially if they are touring bikes that are ridden in all weather conditions - so i could see the eagle getting a bit dingy and the surfaces collecting dirt - which from what i have seen is leathers enemy. I dont know what your riding style is, but this would be one dirty eagle after some time on one of my bikes...lol

your work is really well done - clean and distinctive

steveb

Very well done Mike!

Thanks for tne comments guys. as far as it getting dirty, if it gets to bad I'll just make another one. That's the best part of being the person who made it. I only ride in good weather but I am sure it will get a little dirty. we shall see....Thanks Again

justwaking up,

The piece goes under the Bracket that holds the backrest on. Punched holes in leather and the two bottom srews go through the leather

wow thats one bad eagle, it looks realy good, id hang the harley on the wall just to show of the leather work, Don

Now this is some nice work.. your detail work is to good.. :thumbsup:

Now this is some nice work.. your detail work is to good.. :thumbsup:

hilo - checked your site and love your metal engraving - I would give my left, ah, errr...ventricle...to be able to engrave metal, I've got so many ideas! Can you point me in a direction to gain some knowledge.....please!

steveb