Well been some time since I have completed any leather work to show off so here is the latest creation. Its the same purse design I have made before construction wise. About 7oz body lined with suede splits. Lined the strap as well. Everything hand stitched and such. Used dark brown for the overall color and cordovin for the edges to bring in the two tone effect. Then used a little antique paste over the stamping to fill that in. Sealed up with some wax/oil based stuff.

Enjoy and feel free to critique

Oh and yes the chicago screws on the strap are black and not antique like the rest of the hardware. I just didnt have any to match so I gotta find some antique brass chicago screws if I can and then I will replace them at that time.

post-5781-059810800 1286757668_thumb.jpg

post-5781-029059800 1286757674_thumb.jpg

post-5781-097921600 1286757682_thumb.jpg

I really like the coloring and design.specool.gif Can I get a copy of the purse pattern? It's pretty cool :)

Thanks guys,

Funnygirl its still a work in progress, I am working on trying to improve the design everytime I make this particular one. I think I made a how to in the how to section on the earlier style but it will give you an idea of how its built. It may be the exact or similer design as this.

Here is the link I found it http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24467&st=0&p=155389&hl=purse&fromsearch=1entry155389

Edited by MADMAX22

Thanks guys,

Funnygirl its still a work in progress, I am working on trying to improve the design everytime I make this particular one. I think I made a how to in the how to section on the earlier style but it will give you an idea of how its built. It may be the exact or similer design as this.

Here is the link I found it http://leatherworker...=1

Sweet! Thanks Madmax

I like it, Madmax, especially the inverted carving. That is just the sort of thing I would carry.

Kate

Thanks Kate. Yeah she wore it to a meeting today (she wanted to show it off lol) and it got many praise from her coworkers so I was really happy with that. I know that us leather workers tend to be a little critical of our work especially our own work since we spend to much time looking at our mistakes after we make them that we dont tend to be as happy with the end result as we should be.

Dubs that was using a airbrush, I sprayed the whole thing dark brown then I sprayed the outer portions cordovan which is really dark. I then antiqued the whole thing but it really just shows up on the carvings. The thread was also dyed with cordovan. Hope that helps, oh and it was using the cheapo airbrush from harbor freight. Not the best thing by any means but it does ok for overall color patterns.

Love your design . Thanks for sharing it with us .

The first and only purse I made , came out the book , how to carve leather and gave me a lot to think about how to improve the pattern.

This helps a lot. to make things easier and give me the currage to make a new purse.