Hi!

I have a Keyston Bros. saddle that I am looking for more info on. I'd love to know age,purpose, approx. appraisal, and anything else. Thanks in advance!!

post-53598-0-84516800-1405354331_thumb.j

post-53598-0-98854200-1405354337_thumb.j

post-53598-0-70234000-1405354344_thumb.j

Hi!

I have a Keyston Bros. saddle that I am looking for more info on. I'd love to know age,purpose, approx. appraisal, and anything else. Thanks in advance!!

Hi!

It is just a light weight trail or pleasure saddle. I don't like to tell people what their stuff is worth but if you were selling it, you probably could get between $100.00 to $150.00 for it.

Tex.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any photos/info on similar saddles? All of the Keystons I've seen go through auction. (Show or trail) have been going for $400-$600. Maybe this is just on speciality sites? I haven't been able to find anything concrete on this serial number. I dont know a lot about the saddle, but it is comfy. Thanks again....

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any photos/info on similar saddles? All of the Keystons I've seen go through auction. (Show or trail) have been going for $400-$600. Maybe this is just on speciality sites? I haven't been able to find anything concrete on this serial number. I dont know a lot about the saddle, but it is comfy. Thanks again....

When you say going for at auctions, are you talking about what they have them listed for with a starting price on Ebay? All those on Ebay have pretty high starting prices without any bids. That is the 1 thing about an auction, what an item sells for is really about all it is worth. Starting prices on these sites really doesn't mean much unless someone is willing to bid that starting price. I am not knocking your saddle, so please don't take it that way cause to you it may be worth much more than I quoted earlier that it might sell for. I base my idea on saddle values ( which don't mean anything to anyone ) is if the saddle is made by an individual that is a saddle maker from start to finish or if it is a factory made saddle that has been worked on by many. There is a whole world of difference between the 2. Sorry I can't help you on this saddle cause there is not a lot of info on them. All there really is that they were a saddle factory from out in San Francisco, California.

From my experience a saddle like this will fetch about $325-350. It is a saddle women find comfortable. This is part of a line of moderately priced saddles that many manufacturers put out.

Here is a Keyston Bros saddle that came to me just this way a couple years ago. I'd never heard of them before. The owner had "cleaned" it before he brought it, and did irreversible damage to the leather. I did what I could, and it ended up not looking too bad.post-49532-0-98538400-1408413152_thumb.jpost-49532-0-96555500-1408413544_thumb.jpost-49532-0-80542100-1408414241_thumb.j

Many years ago I managed to find a phone number for Keyston Brothers in Nevada, Reno area. If I remember, they were not the actual saddle maker, but would contract for items with their name on them. The early saddles they sold were well made (the one I worked on was made in 1940 era). The saddle posted here was probably made in the 1960's. I would say that the worth is around $100. Do a phone number search and see if they are still around. The lady I talked with was very helpful, and she was able to pull up an old catalog off the computer with the saddle that I had. The saddle that Big Sioux posted was one with their old logo on it. It would interesting to know more of their history.

Ron

Hello All, I too have a Keyston Bros. saddle. It was my mothers when she was a young girl. It came with the horse, "Silver" was his name. She is not sure how much her father paid for the horse at the time. The saddle is in need of restoration but has not been cleaned for many years. I am not sure if it is silver or nickle plating on it. We would consider selling it but are unsure of it's worth. I was not sure how to insert a picture of it. Thank you for any help you can provide.