Sign in to follow this  
gunfighter48

one way snaps for holsters

Where can I get one way snaps for holsters? I am not in business so I need a supplier that I can purchase from. Is there any other snaps that work better? I have used line 24 snaps with good results but everyone seems to be going to the one way snaps.

Thanks for your help.

I am at a loss at the moment"what are one way snaps" :unsure:

Are one way snaps the same as Lift-The-Dot snaps? If so, Ohio Travel Bag has them I think. However, minimum orders apply, probably need a resale number, etc. About the only time I have needed them have been for repair work, and I only needed a few at a time. My local tent and awning company stocks them, and will sell them by the piece. I have also found the them to be a good source for other hardware I don't want to deal with in quantity. They carry all kinds of zipper tape and hardware, click-lock plastic buckles and slides, and webbing. Grommets and setters in all sizes. Tent and awning shops are an often overlooked supply resource. They also have a bunch of different cordura too.

Lift-the-Dot are an Eyelet type of fastener with a post that goes all the way through the eyelet, Pull-the-Dot are snap type fasteners usually ligne 24 that only close one way and only open one way. You probably want the Pull-the-Dot from DOT. Sailrite is never the cheapest and they run about $10 for 10 sets, no minimums.

http://www.sailrite.com/101099?sc=2&category=7503

Art

Are one way snaps the same as Lift-The-Dot snaps? If so, Ohio Travel Bag has them I think. However, minimum orders apply, probably need a resale number, etc. About the only time I have needed them have been for repair work, and I only needed a few at a time. My local tent and awning company stocks them, and will sell them by the piece. I have also found the them to be a good source for other hardware I don't want to deal with in quantity. They carry all kinds of zipper tape and hardware, click-lock plastic buckles and slides, and webbing. Grommets and setters in all sizes. Tent and awning shops are an often overlooked supply resource. They also have a bunch of different cordura too.

I was thinking that they are " ONE WAY SNAPS "but

wanted to be sure of his term.I do have a lot of them and

use them on Biker Bags.

The last I heard Ohio Travel Bag didn't require a tax number anymore and their minimum order isn't as high as it once was. One of our guild members ordered from them and I tagged on to his order

SkipJ

Thanks for the info folks. Yes they are pull-the-dot snaps, sorry for the confusion. They are supposed to be more secure than regular line 24 snaps. I have a commercially made holster with them but so far my experience has been that there are no more secure than the regular line 24 snaps. I'll have to get some and do some testing with them to see which ones hold the best.

Edited by gunfighter48

Pull-the-Dot snaps are more secure for loads away from the opening, but if the load happens on the opening side, well that's how they are supposed to open, they hold better for loads from the other side. DOT does make some snaps, they are made of stainless and they are HEAVY DUTY. They are hard to close and just as hard to open. I have used them on boat covers or something where the wind can get under the cover and pull and they do hold, sun worn covers rip off before the snaps let go. I've seen folks put them on with a hammer and they need a tool to take them off. However, these are NOT the things I would want on a thumb break.

Art

Thanks for the info folks. Yes they are pull-the-dot snaps, sorry for the confusion. They are supposed to be more secure than regular line 24 snaps. I have a commercially made holster with them but so far my experience has been that there are no more secure than the regular line 24 snaps. I'll have to get some and do some testing with them to see which ones hold the best.