Sign in to follow this  
mattsh

Another Wrap - Full Size 1911

Here is another that I finished on Sunday morning. It's for a guy that works with me. Took it to the range for him to try out and it looks even better with a stainless gun that has rosewood grips.

post-5907-084248200 1317062760_thumb.jpg

Great looking rig!

What color is that btw?

Sixer - Thanks, and it's Fiebings British Tan.

Edited by mattsh

That is really, really nice! I absolutely love the style. I have to say that is the style that seriously got me thinking about making my own holsters. Since I couldn't afford very many custom rigs, I'd either have to go without or make them myself. The Tucker HF1 Is one of only two custom made rigs I have ever bought. He's actually using my photo of the Black Cherry HF1 rig he built for my LB 1911 on his home page.

Did you hand stitch that belt? What is that, 8-9 SPI? If so that must have taken you forever! All around that is some beautiful work!

markush - thanks for the compliments. I too really like the looks of Tucker's rigs and that is what inspired me to try my hand at making one.... well ... then others saw it and said "Hey can you make me one?" All the credit goes to Tucker on this design as it is his (as far as I know).

The belt was not made by me. I actually was at a leather shop near me in Kansas that had these belts for sale. They are made by a man in Colorado. For the cost of the belt I could not buy the straps, dye them, stitch them and install the hardware for what they were selling them off the rack, so I bought one. It is really nice. Good eye on the stitching, yes it is 9 spi and it is two layers of 7-8 oz.