ozark

How To Get Stamps To Darken?

I am doing a belt and I want to get the letters darker than my dye I am using. I have only stamped a couple of times all my stuff is plain (no tooling) minimal stamping. The customer wants the letters to be darker. The example they gave me is attached. I have practice using a dark brown dye but it just looks a little browner. I have also used a highlighter but only minimal results. Any suggestions or tips. This is really my first time doing this kind of stamping.

Pat

post-38493-0-67737400-1359038233_thumb.j

that appears to be just an antique. Looks to be mahogany or a dark brown. Make sure to get it into the impressions and then buff lightly to remove from the raised areas and let it set in the low areas and it will look very similar.

Mike

Thanks mike I have some antique so I will give it a try. I also have the Mahogany and dark brown so I will try both of them and see how it turns out.

Pat

Search other threads for how to apply antique. Misapplication will result in a mess. The article needs to be sealed with a good and compatible resist so you will be able to wipe off the main surface, leaving the antique in the cuts and depressions. Another thread this past week discussed the right stuff for a resist.

Tom

Saddle Lac makes a great resist if applied in a couple of light coats. I've not used antique paste, which everyone says works better, but the Eco Flo gels wipe right off the uncut or unstamped surface. It is easy, however, to also remove some of the gel from larger recessed areas like the ones pictured above. Paste might stay in impressions a bit better.