Sign in to follow this  
jbird

Forest on a belt, belt

So as I said no BORDER (LUKE) the customer didnt want it.

any way its a forest belt with wolf buckle, have a look and give me the word of the wise sages passed down to you please, thanks all best wishes

Josh

:cheers::popcorn:

Forest_2.JPG

Forest_3.JPG

Forest_4.JPG

Forest_5.JPG

Forest_6.JPG

Forest.JPG

post-6549-1233030470_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1233030479_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1233030502_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1233030517_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1233030534_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1233030553_thumb.jpg

Off with his head .... LOL jsut kidding, I like it and I think it looks good without a border. Itall goes together very well.

Josh:

Looks pretty awesome to me!

Off with his head .... LOL jsut kidding, I like it and I think it looks good without a border. Itall goes together very well.

HA HA yes I now its I crime. and thanks Max

Josh:

Looks pretty awesome to me!

thanks a lot I like the color it fits I think

Josh

Edited by jbird

Josh ........you just amaze me with the creatitive in your leather work

"you'll go far"

I like the BORDER tha :blahblahblah: that you did sublinily(sp)" the land and sky"........ :Holysheep:

:cheers:

Edited by Luke Hatley

Josh ........you just amaze me with the creatitive in your leather work

"you'll go far"

I like the BORDER tha :blahblahblah: that you did sublinily(sp)" the land and sky"........ :Holysheep:

:cheers:

thanks a lot luke glad you liked it, it was a fun one

Josh

Edited by jbird

Love the panorama effect. No borders makes it work for me and really shows off the boundlessness of the scene. Seems like a tricky belt to wear though.

Love the panorama effect. No borders makes it work for me and really shows off the boundlessness of the scene. Seems like a tricky belt to wear though.

I can see were you are coming from on tricky to wear but I think the pros are worth it.

Josh

Hi Josh,

I dont know where you find the time to do all the stuff you do. I've tried those really tiny animals on a belts once or twice, I hated it. If you had to put a border on the belt, they'd have to be even smaller. So lets just make a law that tiny animal belts cant have borders :rules: It's really fun watching you keep trying new things. You're doing a great job!

Hi Josh,

I dont know where you find the time to do all the stuff you do. I've tried those really tiny animals on a belts once or twice, I hated it. If you had to put a border on the belt, they'd have to be even smaller. So lets just make a law that tiny animal belts cant have borders :rules: It's really fun watching you keep trying new things. You're doing a great job!

Clay I find my self asking the same question but I do a 9 hour work day and then a six hour leather program.

I can't tell you how much a have learned from you, thanks so much it means alot having you look and coment on my stuff.

I love the rule no borders on figure belts yippy.

Josh

looks Good! what did You use to color?

looks Good! what did You use to color?

Thanks for looking.

The color is as so ( light neatsfoot then one coat saddlelac then Tandy antique tan then

One more lac.

Josh

6 hours of leatherwork......I'm jealous.

Excellent work on the belt Josh. I'm still not sure of that 'no border' rule, the dang liberals will probably ruin the idea....oh wait, they already have.

Something for you to check out- Look at your more recent work, and grab some of your early practice pieces then compare them.

You've made some amazing progress with your addiction. Keep up the good work.

6 hours of leatherwork......I'm jealous. Excellent work on the belt Josh. I'm still not sure of that 'no border' rule, the dang liberals will probably ruin the idea....oh wait, they already have. Something for you to check out- Look at your more recent work, and grab some of your early practice pieces then compare them.You've made some amazing progress with your addiction. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a lot mike this belt was kind of right down my lane I think , And some nights I go crazy and do 8 hours We may have to protect this rule with are guns LOLJoshPS thanks for looking
looks greatp.s. i like breaking rules....i guess this is some un-written rule that im yet to learn?
Thanks for the kind wordsAnd this rule is pretty new but it's a goodinJosh

wow, thats really nice.....i like 'no borders' equals 'no rules' .... :notworthy:

Really nice work. I think it really looks nice with no border…. I think if u textured the edge of the buckle

a bit like the top of the belt I might blend more nicely with the rest.

thanks freinds for the input and kind words.

Let me tell you my thoughts behind the buckle design wise I wanted the foucus to be on the element of the forest and the proverbially king or night watchmen of the forest any way what I mean is that a more basic scene a and I thought a any back ground would take away.

Any way that was the thought.

Josh

That's a one of a kind belt that your customer will be so proud to wear. I'm new to working with leather, but to me the belt having no border is insignificant compared to the work you have done! :thumbsup: