I dyed a seat with Feibings black, then put a coat of Leather Balm w/ Atom wax, after buffing noticed one area on the seat really needs some more dye, coming through with a purplish tint, can I shoot this with some more dye? Do I have to do something to strip the wax off first? Or if this wont work what about using vinagroon over dye? Any help will be greatly appreciated, sure dont wanna break this seat down. Rick

Sorry to Bump this back up but reallu hoping for a suggestion as this seat is supposed to ship this weekend

Ricky,

I've never done seats before but dye will not penetrate through wax of any kind. It will just bead up and run off . It looks like you'll have to use some deglazer, hit it with the dye and then put a top coat on it.

Frank

Ricky,

I've never done seats before but dye will not penetrate through wax of any kind. It will just bead up and run off . It looks like you'll have to use some deglazer, hit it with the dye and then put a top coat on it.

Frank

Thanks Frank, Ive got some deglazer