Awesome job! I love the time-lapse - really shows how much work goes into it!

Nice work on the EMT/Fire tooling - I like the effect, very striking. I must get some acrylic paints.

Nice demonstration of your work.

I enjoyed seeing the process. Thanks for posting.

great vid

thanks for sharing !

Hey thanks everyone! This was a lot of fun! I have a lot of respect for people that do videos like that regularly. It takes a lot of work to capture and edit. Sound was a total wash for me so i just put in a song. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope to make another but possibly have some sound too.

Hey, thanks Lou. Great job!

Great stuff

It must have been a ton if work to film all that.

You are going to inspire others to take up leatherwork with this vid

Kind words! feel free to share it anywhere! I'm happy to share a fun project. I have been filming a bit of making a holster but fear I missed a few important steps on film. But that is the challenge. Glad you enjoyed the video!

whats the trick to sew around the belt tip? I new to machine sewing, just got a consew 206 rb 5

Edited by paprhangr

Good looking belt there chief. Definately going to have to stop by your place here in the near future and check out your collection of "toys".

Horn

whats the trick to sew around the belt tip? I new to machine sewing, just got a consew 206 rb 5

first thing i would suggest is getting a drop down edge guide. that is a very worthwhile investment! $125 will really help you hit your stitches where you want. I have modified my consew in with a speed reducer and also modified the servo motor optic to have a much larger range of speed control from and absolute crawl to bobin winding speed without adjusting the servo programming. the more work you put into your machine to make it more user friendly will push you to want to use it and will also greatly increase your craftsmanship. Feel free to message me if you would like more specifics. All of the mods i have done I have found on this forum and if you cant find them I could help you locate them. But as of 1 year ago I was using a stock consew 206rb5 and my learning curve was quite slow. I invested 300-$400 in operational upgrades and now work with a machine I am excited to turn on every day. Everything I do can be done without these upgrages but it sure makes it more enjoyable and also has a larger room for error.

Good looking belt there chief. Definately going to have to stop by your place here in the near future and check out your collection of "toys".

Horn

Your welcome to stop by anytime! we had a great meetup last saturday prolly close to 13 people. hopefully it continuers to grow.

As far as technique with no investment, you could start by lining up your stitching with a stitching wheel so you know where your end placement will be. Just make sure to coordinate the stitches per inch on the machine with the stitches per inch on the stitch wheel. (i don't actually know for sure what the tool is called) I think its refered to as a stitch wheel. Same tool is used to get your spacing correct for hand sewing.

Figures I'd miss out on a good size meeting. Hopefully things keep their pace and we get a good steady group. If I can get my errands done on Sat I'll try to give you a call to see about wandering over.

Horn

Nicely done -- both the video and the belt! It's always fascinating to watch how others work to see similarities and differences in techniques, etc.

Sounds good. I'm in production mode so feel free I'll be working!

Your work is amazing.

Can I ask for a little more detail about how you did the lining? Was it pigskin? How did you fold it over? It looks like you folded and glued the edges down? Thank you!

This is a link to a new video I made for a new belt.

www.portlandcustomleather.com

Hi, liked the color of the belt.

Would you please share the dye used and some finishing steps done on this project?

N

@canadiangirl Yes the lining was pigskin. It was the first time I lined a belt. I left the edges 3/8" long on all sides and prepared with leather glue. After the glue dries it is ready to line up and sew.

@nrk dyes used were Tandy water based dye then hand painted with acrylic paint. Finished off with feibings spray wax and buffed.

@jus10 that is all a matter of preference. For comfort I usually bevel or round the belt edges. For this belt I didn't want to bevel the edges because I liked the look of the painted logos right up to the edge. Belts are definitely sold both ways. Some aren't even slicked! :-)