AHammer

Are Cobra Sewing Machines Any Good

Hello i'm trying to start up a leather shop and i'm in need of a good sewing machine that can stitch saddle skirting and i've been looking at Cobra class 4 and class 4-25 and cowboy machines and i was wondering want other people thoughts were or if someone could point me toward a good one? Thank you

Look in the sewing leather machines section.

Both are fine machines and covered over/over/over, there.

I have 8 (at least) Cobra machines, I haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them. I have a Class 18 I use all the time, I mean a lot. Keep the oil wicks full and it just purrs.

Art

Hello i'm trying to start up a leather shop and i'm in need of a good sewing machine that can stitch saddle skirting and i've been looking at Cobra class 4 and class 4-25 and cowboy machines and i was wondering want other people thoughts were or if someone could point me toward a good one? Thank you

I have the Cobra 4 and it ROCKs!! Steves customer services Rocks!! Buy one you wont be sorry. Rich

There are a few dealers that frequent this board and are very well regarded here. Steve from Cobra machine is one of them. Is the machine necessarily better then a Cowboy or a Techsew? Maybe not. They are all Chinese clones of the same Juki 441 class machines. A few of these dealers are quite well regarded on this board. I don't think you'd go wrong with buying from any one of them.

Specifically concerning Cobra machines, I've purchased a few machines from Steve and have found him to be very honest and straightforward. I've never purchased from any of the other dealers on this board but the few that I've talked to have all been very helpful as well.

If the Cobra class 4 style of machine is what you're looking for, I think the main choices you have are the Cowboy 4500, Artisan Toro 4000, Cobra Class 4, or Techsew 5100 (or spend more on the name brand Juki). They are all comparably set up and comparably priced. They all get their machines from China and then go over them and adjust them to make sure they're working well before sending them off to customers.

I think ultimately the choice may come down to where you live and shipping costs. I live in the SF/Oakland area so Steve was a more logical choice for me because of shipping charges. Hope this helps.

Andrew

I have to chime in here since I have a great recent story about Steve. I researched a number of machines back in November, called every dealer and asked a ton of questions. They were all pretty helpful and in the end I bought a Techsew . Ron's been great with service, definitely no complaints there.

What struck me about Steve though is not only was he helpful when I was looking at machines, but after I bought one from a different company he went out of his way to check on my progress with it and to see if I could use any help/answers as he remembered I was a novice machine operator. If you decide to get a Cobra, you'll be in good hands.

Does anyone have a Previously owned, Cowboy 4500, Artisan Toro 4000, Cobra Class 4, or Techsew 5100 for sale?

Please contact me via Messenger on Face Book /skipperjim2. I live in Virginia. Thanks , Sully

Got a C4 and I love it. I like Steve but I don't love him.

Can't go wrong with the Cobra. I've been using one for a few years and it hasn't missed a stitch no matter what I run through it. On top of that every time I've gone to Steve to work on my old non cobra machines I'm treated like close family.

I have a buddy with a Cobra Class 4 and it is every bit as smooth and easy to sew on as my own Cowboy CB4500. Additionally, "Cobra Steve" has other machinery for sale, including the variable speed MP Burnisher, which I own. I use it to sand the edges of holsters, then burnish them to a high sealed gloss. It is great for finishing the edges of double leather belts and knife sheathes.

When it comes to the major brands of what we call 441 clones, the dealer makes a world of difference. These machines do not arrive ready to sew out of the box. They need a lot of time invested to get them into proper sewing condition for leather. It is the attention to small, but necessary details that make one brand stand out over its competitor. Small dealerships invest a lot of hours into making their machines work as good as they can, often when sewing over 3/4 inches of hard veg-tan, with #277 or #246 bonded thread.

I have had a Cobra 4 for a few years now with no problems, this machine is top notch

I have no doubts about my Cobra4. Steve and his crew at Leather Machine Company, make owning and learning about the fabulous stitcher very easy. Personally I have not one regret or even a second thought about buying my Cobra and will recommend the machine and Steve and his crew to anyone.

jr

Thanks everyone!

I have a Cobra Class 4 machine for sale. I can no longer work due to heavy arthritis in my hands.

I also have leather, tools, and other equipment I have to sell.

I am in Ontario, Canada about 80 miles north east of Toronto.

what other tools and equipment do you have? I am in Ontario as well and might be interested in some of your things.

Hello HBARK. Please go to our website. You will see all of our products.

I am interested in the sewing machine and items for sale. Please contact me. I sent you a private message. Thank you Lacey

I saw Cobra Steve at the Prescott show this weekend. He had some beautiful looking equipment there...